"other" hair loss

Options
2»

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    You might lose them
    For many people, the loss is latent. I lost my eyelashes weeks after chemo ended. I did lose some eyebrows, but not all of them and never had to pencil them in (I had really bushy ones to being with). Unlike other ladies, my eyelashes took a long time to come back and they are still not what they used to be. They're finally as long as before, but somewhat patchy. Of course all my other body hair came back full force. LOL. I wish you luck!

Mimi
  • Completed chemo with eyebrows and eyelashes intact
    ...and a couple of my cancer sisters did as well. Although one woman that I would see during my chemo treatments, her second round with "C", warned me about how uncomfortable not having eyelashes were for her. She was ready to use eyelash growth products and had prescription strength samples from our cancer center.

I simply declined to not scrub them vigorously in the shower nor use any eye make-up during chemo.

Best I can tell, it's individual.

You'll look beautiful either way.
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Depends on you

my eyelashes and eyebrows thinned out considerably on AC, almost nothing there. However I took an extra week of between AC and starting Taxol. Onc okayed it and now after 4 rounds of Taxol my eyebrows and eyelashes are a little thicker and I have peach fuzz all over my head. The Onc said the hair is not my real hair, it might be there until the real stuff comes in or it may fall out before hand. So I have no idea if I will loose my hair again or not but I am shaving that peach fuzz of my head soon.