Half-way there!

Options
HollyID
HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am half-way done (6th dose) with my FOLFOX regimen. No real problems to speak of. I don't even get nauseated anymore. I still have to deal with the constipation, but I've kinda learned how to get ahead of that one.

I still get my neuropathy right after, but it disappears about 4 days after I'm disconnected.

Most of you guys have it so much worse than I do, and I almost feel guilty posting that I'm not really having any troubles at all. Just the normal ones, but they seem to go away pretty quickly.

My biggest problem is that I have to go in on every other Tuesday and yet, I feel so good and I don't feel sick, yet I know I need to go in so I can feel the neuropathy again and have the constipation all over again. Gripe over.

You guys are like my lifeline anymore. I'm sure that Dave gets tired of listening to me. I know I would. :)

Love and big hugs to you all!!

Comments

• Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Yay!
    Half way there is great! I know you will be a champ the other half too.

I have finished 7...5 Folfox, 2 Xeloda. You will be finished before me though, because of this 3 week cycle that goes w/Xeloda.

Best wishes!
    -Pat
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options
    Awesome! I did not have it
    Awesome! I did not have it so bad on Folfox either. Keep it up!
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Holly
    You are handling it exceptionally well just like George did. I don't know but I have wondered if working, staying active even when you feel like crap, has something to do with it. Yes he had the neuropathy but fatigue, that was and is his enemy. With no kids in the house and the running around that comes with that, he is able to get lots of rest even if it is laying on the couch watching some sports and he does go to bed early, usually about 9:30 pm. but heck, he is up at 6 a.m.

I just can't wrap my head around it, why some have such extreme difficulty and others, not so much. I feel so bad for some on here, especially Kathryn in Mn. George used to get that darn oxy and come home and ask what's for dinner and when will it be ready and others can't eat for days.

Oh well, end of rant, Contratuations, you are nearing the finish line.

Tina
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    geotina said:

Holly
    You are handling it exceptionally well just like George did. I don't know but I have wondered if working, staying active even when you feel like crap, has something to do with it. Yes he had the neuropathy but fatigue, that was and is his enemy. With no kids in the house and the running around that comes with that, he is able to get lots of rest even if it is laying on the couch watching some sports and he does go to bed early, usually about 9:30 pm. but heck, he is up at 6 a.m.

I just can't wrap my head around it, why some have such extreme difficulty and others, not so much. I feel so bad for some on here, especially Kathryn in Mn. George used to get that darn oxy and come home and ask what's for dinner and when will it be ready and others can't eat for days.

Oh well, end of rant, Contratuations, you are nearing the finish line.

Tina

Holly
    that is sooooo great...I agree with Tina....who knows what determines these outcomes. My last three oxy's were living h***. Some people can't finish...who knows???

I just thank the stars you are doing so well Holly...congrats and keep it up

mags
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Options
    yeah
    I too am glad you are

yeah
    I too am glad you are doing so well!
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hey Holly - Good to hear
    Hey Holly - Good to hear that you're halfway done and feeling good. There's no room for guilt here. "There's always someone in worse shape than you are." My Grandfather told me that when I used to take him in for radiation treatments 20 years ago. I was 18 at the time. I had no idea how much that experience would mean to me later in life.
    Sparks, love and hugs right back at you!!
    Roger
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Good job Holly!
    Don't ever

Good job Holly!

Don't ever feel guilty about good news; it only encourages others, especially those about to start treatment.
  • ann2008
    ann2008 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Holly
    So glad you are halfway done. I remember not wanting to go to my next treatment when I felt so good and knew how I would feel in a couple of days. However I knew that wouldn't last so I went. Had an allergic reaction on #7 so I didn't have Oxy the last 5 and still was left with neuropathy so like someone said there is no way to predict who has lasting effects or how to prevent it from happening or else no one would. So do not feel bad. Good luck with the rest. Ann
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    your good news
    Good news is not always easy to come by with cancer. Never feel guilty about your good results.
    Live long and prosper!
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Wow,this is cool.Half-way
    Wow,this is cool.Half-way already.I am glad to know that you are not having super severe side effects from Folfox.It's really blessing.Keep going,before you know it,you will get it done.Take care.Wish you the best.
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    half way
    Half way is a big mark! When you can know after this that you've put more behind you than you have left to go through!
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Great going!
    That's fantastic that you're halfway there. One day this will all seem but a distant memory....

Amy