Louann is home

Options
lcarper2
lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Sorry to have caused any worry for any of you. I have been feeling bad for a few weeks and the pain just got worse. My ONC did more lab on the 24th and called and said for me to go to the ER . Once there they did alot of blood work and a MRI that found a small tumor in my blie duct in my liver. They than did a live action scope down my throat and put in a stint and at the same time were able to do a bio. on the small tumor. Will have the results of that by weeks end. So I am feeling alot better and can no longer be used as a night lite have a pain patch that last 3 days before I change it and it seems to be helping alot. The tumor is in a spot that can't be gotten to to remove. I will go to my ONC and see what treatment plan he wants to try. You know what is funny about all this is that I had stated to my cousin that I was getting back into gospel singing.I believe the devil set this in me to try and discourage me from doing what I love to do the most.It is just another set back and I will be recovered in a few weeks so he needs to look some where else because I got some singing to do..Thanks foe the prayers and I don't remember who it was from here that tracted me down and phoned the hospital , but thank you for carring....

Comments

• Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Options
    Louann
    Glad to hear they could fix the problem to make you feel better. I have been waiting to see and update about you. Keep us posted. Paula
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Hi Louann,
    I am glad you are

Hi Louann,

I am glad you are home + feeling better. Thanks for letting us know. Take good care.
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Welcome Home
    Another cancer ordeal! Grrrrr!

Glad you are home and feeling better though.

Peace and blessings... Rob; in Vancouver
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    so glad you are home!
    The yellow skin and eyes were really scaring a lot of us! Glad they got that duct open and the bile is now able to do it's work! I hope the pain patch manages your pain and is able to help you to continue to heal, into whatever next treatment option you will be looking at. Another scrimmage won by the good guys!
    mary
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    msccolon said:

so glad you are home!
    The yellow skin and eyes were really scaring a lot of us! Glad they got that duct open and the bile is now able to do it's work! I hope the pain patch manages your pain and is able to help you to continue to heal, into whatever next treatment option you will be looking at. Another scrimmage won by the good guys!
    mary

Louann!!!
    Soooo glad to see you back, and in awesome spirits, you're right, this was a setback, and you will be out and about singing your praises soon!

I had to laugh at the night lite part, that was funny.

I was 19 when I had gotten Hepatitis A, I also turned yellow, and so did my eyes, so any kind of thing with the liver problems will make you glow. So far my cancer hasn't made me glow yet.

I was working when I was yellow, and at 19, I never knew what that meant, so my fellow workers told me to go see a doctor, which I did, and it was a contagious Hepatitis A, but it was the one that does go away in a couple weeks, no meds for it, I had to sit home in pain, (yes there was some joint pain which I had painkillers for) but it did go away, and so will yours!!

Wonderful to see you!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • lcarper2
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Louann!!!
    Soooo glad to see you back, and in awesome spirits, you're right, this was a setback, and you will be out and about singing your praises soon!

I had to laugh at the night lite part, that was funny.

I was 19 when I had gotten Hepatitis A, I also turned yellow, and so did my eyes, so any kind of thing with the liver problems will make you glow. So far my cancer hasn't made me glow yet.

I was working when I was yellow, and at 19, I never knew what that meant, so my fellow workers told me to go see a doctor, which I did, and it was a contagious Hepatitis A, but it was the one that does go away in a couple weeks, no meds for it, I had to sit home in pain, (yes there was some joint pain which I had painkillers for) but it did go away, and so will yours!!

Wonderful to see you!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

louann
    I have no intention of allowing the devil to do anything to me. One of the student doc. came in and said we are going to get that liver working and send you home to be comfortable. I said the 1st thing you need to know is God is served in my room and if you are going to have that kind of bed side manner you can just turn and leave because that will not be spoken in here..after that I didn't hear anymore of it..
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Keep Singin'...
    Great, LouAnn

Just keep a singin'!

A week before my lung surgery, I drove out of town and sang a karaoke set at a little country bar and restaurant - I sang like it was the last time I would ever sing again.

Life is a test of Trials and Smiles - I know your bounty hunter background will keep you focused on your goals - sing on!

-Craig
  • GOOFYLADIE
    GOOFYLADIE Member Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi Louann
    Glad to hear you are back on track. My thoughts are this is just another one of our great adventures. Just shows us exactly how strong we are and what we are truly made of. This may slow us down so we may smell the roses a little more and enjoy what everyone else is missing. Because I watched it all go by and everyone else seemed to miss it but me! When you are up to singing I would love to hear you sing "On the Wings of a Snow White Dove" it was one of my dad's favorites and it was mine when I was small and it has always stuck with me!
    Huge hugs your way,
    Goofyladie (Cass)
  • lcarper2
    Options

Hi Louann
    Glad to hear you are back on track. My thoughts are this is just another one of our great adventures. Just shows us exactly how strong we are and what we are truly made of. This may slow us down so we may smell the roses a little more and enjoy what everyone else is missing. Because I watched it all go by and everyone else seemed to miss it but me! When you are up to singing I would love to hear you sing "On the Wings of a Snow White Dove" it was one of my dad's favorites and it was mine when I was small and it has always stuck with me!
    Huge hugs your way,
    Goofyladie (Cass)

Goofyladie
    I sing every day just haven't preformed any place yet. If ever get to your neck of the woods I would sing that song for you..
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Glad
    I am glad that you are home and feeling better.

((hugs))
    Amy
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    so glad you're home
    Louann,

I was worried about you and was praying for you. Glad to hear your update and that you're home again! Well, you take care of yourself now & I'll look forward to hearing about when you start up the gospel singing again!

Hugs,
    Lisa