Went for 5th out of 6th treatment yesterday. Liver enzymes trippeld Nervous

Options
rrogers34
rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am on Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin. Went for my next to last chemo yesterday. My dr was on vacation so I saw a dr I had never seen before. When he came in he asked me how I was feeling, and I told him I was doing pretty good. I have stage 1 Ductal Invasive with clear nodes. Had a lumpectomy. He said he wanted me to have a Cat scan for my liver and gall bladder. since my Liver counts trippled between the 3rd and 4th treatment (which my own onco would have seen at my last chemo). My count only went up one point between my 4th and 5th treatment. He (the Dr filling in) wanted me to have all of this done before my final treatment which is scheduled for April 20th. I asked him if he thought it had metastised and he said no because my cancer was so small. I am her2 positive and nervous. The nurse who usually gives me my chemo said, this Dr is overly cautious and he doesnt know about my Dr's patients and was just filling in. They are going to talk to my Dr Monday to see what he thinks? The nurse also said that chemo is cumulative and that it processes through the liver. Has anyone else had this happed with their liver counts? Not sure why the gall bladder? I dont want them not to give me my last chemo and I dont want to have to pos-tpone
surgery (just getting wider margins). Then radiation. I feel like here I go again. When they found the first lump, it was almost 8 months before they found it was cancer. Confused and scared.

Comments

• bah2
    bah2 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    liver enzymes up
    I am having chemo and my liver enzymes have been up and down. My doc says this is normal caused by the chemo
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    bah2 said:

liver enzymes up
    I am having chemo and my liver enzymes have been up and down. My doc says this is normal caused by the chemo

I also had elevated liver
    I also had elevated liver enzymes that eventually came down. attributed to chemo. one doc who wasnt my own also suggested a CT, had hepatitis test (neg), my own doc said "he doesnt know you" followed my enzymes and they came down. LFTs can be elevated in gallbladder disease. I think the increased liver tests can be normal as already stated, the chemo is detoxified through the liver. I hope this helps.
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

I also had elevated liver
    I also had elevated liver enzymes that eventually came down. attributed to chemo. one doc who wasnt my own also suggested a CT, had hepatitis test (neg), my own doc said "he doesnt know you" followed my enzymes and they came down. LFTs can be elevated in gallbladder disease. I think the increased liver tests can be normal as already stated, the chemo is detoxified through the liver. I hope this helps.

Mine too went up on the same
    Mine too went up on the same chemo cocktail. After my last treatment Alk Phos spiked at 175, AST at 47, and ALT at 64. Now after treat ment it dramatically dropped and by the second month was right back in the middle of normal ranges.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    bah2 said:

liver enzymes up

Sending you prayers and
    Sending you prayers and strength!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    bah2 said:

liver enzymes up

I think that is normal when
    I think that is normal when you are on chemo. Be sure and let your oncologist know how upset and worried you are. Let us know what he says.