RECONSTRUCTION AND LIFT

Options
lizziejane
lizziejane Member Posts: 69
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
IF YOU'VE HAD RECON. AND A LIFT, ARE YOU SATIFIED WITH IT, I'M SCHEDULED FOR THE SURGERY, BUT AM AFRAID THAT THERE WILL BE A DIFFERENCE IN THE SIZE...IS THE LIFT SIDE AS HIGH AS THE INPLANT SIDE? THANKS FOR ANY INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME...

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    I had a lumpectomy
    I had a lumpectomy Lizziejane, so, I can't specifically answer your questions. Just wanted to wish you good luck and hopefully some bc sisters here will reply to you.

Hugs, Leeza
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    jnl said:

I had a lumpectomy
    I had a lumpectomy Lizziejane, so, I can't specifically answer your questions. Just wanted to wish you good luck and hopefully some bc sisters here will reply to you.

Hugs, Leeza

I've had both~
    My surgeries were at different times. I originally had a lumpectomy with radiation. A year later after things had "settled" I had the other breast reduced and lifted to match. All was great! Then a year later a recurrence in the original breast and had a mastectomy with a latissimus flap done, with a saline implant. I am perfectly matched, and look fabulous. I do have some scars, but am very happy with my outcome.
    Melanie
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

I've had both~
    My surgeries were at different times. I originally had a lumpectomy with radiation. A year later after things had "settled" I had the other breast reduced and lifted to match. All was great! Then a year later a recurrence in the original breast and had a mastectomy with a latissimus flap done, with a saline implant. I am perfectly matched, and look fabulous. I do have some scars, but am very happy with my outcome.
    Melanie

I hope that more will post
    I hope that more will post information for you. Good luck to you!
  • lizziejane
    Options

I've had both~
    Melanie

I'M ALSO WONDERING---DID YOU HAVE A NIPPLE TATOO AND DOES IT LOOK LIKE THE REAL ONE???
  • lizziejane
    Options
    jnl said:

I had a lumpectomy

Hugs, Leeza

THANKS FOR RESPONDING---AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO...THIS IS THE GREATEST NETWORK...
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options
    no answer
    sorry I had a double mastectomy.... but wanted to wish you luck on your surgery
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    e_hope said:

no answer
    sorry I had a double mastectomy.... but wanted to wish you luck on your surgery

No nipple~
    I chose to not have nipple reconstruction. I was tired of surgeries. And felt that I did not need one. Just lately tho, I have been considering, only considering ~ having a tattoo of perhaps a beautiful flower done (instead of a nipple) thinking it would be something beautiful to look at, fun, and unusual. I have researched a little online, images of breast tattoos, and nipple tattoos. Some have done some beautiful, interesting designs where they have had scars....
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options

No nipple~
    I chose to not have nipple reconstruction. I was tired of surgeries. And felt that I did not need one. Just lately tho, I have been considering, only considering ~ having a tattoo of perhaps a beautiful flower done (instead of a nipple) thinking it would be something beautiful to look at, fun, and unusual. I have researched a little online, images of breast tattoos, and nipple tattoos. Some have done some beautiful, interesting designs where they have had scars....

What a great idea!! I had

What a great idea!! I had just had never thought of that. At times I have looked at my nippleless left breast and how odd it looks but now I am kind of liking it although I assumed I would have the nipple surgery (not until the end of the year). Perhaps I might explore alternatives as well.