Problems with port removal

Options
Jaylo969
Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had my port removed February 26th. In my opinion it has been slow in healing. Still kind of 'raw' feeling and looking. Today I discovered a bump about the size of a pea on the left side of sutures. I think it is the same location where I could feel the tubing when the port was still in.

Anyone else have this happen and if so, what is it? ( I already know I probably need to see the doctor...just think someone else might give me a heads up so I'll quit worrying tonight )

-Pat

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    I've Had
    A port removed because they thought it may be infected, but it wasn't. So they put another one in the other side, but I never experienced what you did, it healed real nicely.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Shayenne said:

I've Had
    A port removed because they thought it may be infected, but it wasn't. So they put another one in the other side, but I never experienced what you did, it healed real nicely.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

I had mine taken out in
    I had mine taken out in November and have that little pea that you mentioned, it gets smaller every week or so.....
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Nana b said:

I had mine taken out in
    I had mine taken out in November and have that little pea that you mentioned, it gets smaller every week or so.....

Thanks ladies
    I slept well:)

After putting on my magnifying glasses it just looks to me like the sutures were pulled a little too tight and it had made a 'wad' on one end.I think a new bra rubbed it the wrong way yesterday and caused the swelling. Greased it up with antibiotic gel and told myself to forget it.

-Pat
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Jaylo969 said:

Thanks ladies
    I slept well:)

After putting on my magnifying glasses it just looks to me like the sutures were pulled a little too tight and it had made a 'wad' on one end.I think a new bra rubbed it the wrong way yesterday and caused the swelling. Greased it up with antibiotic gel and told myself to forget it.

-Pat

scar tissue?
    Does not hurt to call surgeons office for peace of mind. Sounds like scar tissue though. If it feels warm and looks red call right away.