Kids and hair

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Jake told me the other day that I need a hair cut like I had last Easter---I was bald. He wants to use his washable markers again to draw Easter Eggs on my head again. I told him that once was enough for me and that since God gave me my hair back I didn't want to shave it off again.

He accepted it.

Margo

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Life through the eyes of a
    Life through the eyes of a child...got to love them! Guess he'll have to stick to boiled eggs! Got a kick out of your post! :>)
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Marcia527 said:

Life through the eyes of a child...got to love them! Guess he'll have to stick to boiled eggs! Got a kick out of your post! :>)

Jake sounds like such a cool
    Jake sounds like such a cool kid, and you are, too, to let him draw on your bald head!

I'm also very glad that he doesn't have the smooth surface this year!

Joyce
  • tommaseena
    jk1952 said:

Jake sounds like such a cool
    Jake sounds like such a cool kid, and you are, too, to let him draw on your bald head!

I'm also very glad that he doesn't have the smooth surface this year!

Joyce

Jake
    Jake is a cool kid and has taken every bit of this in stride. I think he is more mature and understands things when people are sick or going through a rough time more so than other kids his age(6 1/2).

I got some strange looks by some at church Easter Sunday but most thought it was great that I let him do that and I had a great time letting him do this.

Hopefully it will be the only time he gets to do something crazy on his mom's head.

Margo
  • tommaseena
    Marcia527 said:

eggs
    Boiled Easter Eggs are on the plan this week as well as starting seedlings of cukes, carrots, radishes and sunflowers.
  • BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member

eggs
    Boiled Easter Eggs are on the plan this week as well as starting seedlings of cukes, carrots, radishes and sunflowers.

Doing normal stuff
    Tommaseena - sounds like a wonderful plan! I've begun watching the tiger lilies punching through the soil though we still have snow piles around. Planting a garden sounds like a wonderful thing! It all ties into Easter, doesn't it, with the resurrection theme. We are all being resurrected in a way as we have been brought back from the brink of death to further life! And now we can joyfully begin doing all of that normal stuff that once might have seemed boring but now brings unbelievable pleasure!
    Blessings on your Easter celebration with your precious son.
    Beth
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    BethInAz said:

Doing normal stuff
    Tommaseena - sounds like a wonderful plan! I've begun watching the tiger lilies punching through the soil though we still have snow piles around. Planting a garden sounds like a wonderful thing! It all ties into Easter, doesn't it, with the resurrection theme. We are all being resurrected in a way as we have been brought back from the brink of death to further life! And now we can joyfully begin doing all of that normal stuff that once might have seemed boring but now brings unbelievable pleasure!
    Blessings on your Easter celebration with your precious son.
    Beth

Love this Margo!

Love this Margo!
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    What a WONDERFUL son and
    What a WONDERFUL son and what an exceptional Mother! God Bless!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Rague said:

What a WONDERFUL son and
    What a WONDERFUL son and what an exceptional Mother! God Bless!

This was a really great
    This was a really great experience for the two of you and a fun one! WTG Margo and Jake!

Hugs, Debby
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    DebbyM said:

This was a really great
    This was a really great experience for the two of you and a fun one! WTG Margo and Jake!

Hugs, Debby

How wonderful that you let
    How wonderful that you let your son draw on your head! My nephew wanted to draw eyeballs on the back of my head and have me go around saying "I can see you". Gotta have a sense of humor going through all this.

Thanks for sharing.
    Sher
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Sher43009 said:

How wonderful that you let
    How wonderful that you let your son draw on your head! My nephew wanted to draw eyeballs on the back of my head and have me go around saying "I can see you". Gotta have a sense of humor going through all this.

Thanks for sharing.
    Sher

Thanks Margo for posting
    Thanks Margo for posting this for us. This made me smile! Happy Easter!