Just checking in

Options
mumphy
mumphy Member Posts: 440
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Hi All,

I thought that it would be a good idea to check in and let you all know how I'm doing.
I have good and bad moments. I wouldn't be normal if I didn't.

I am in the process of looking for a new apartment the one that I'm in is to big and I really
need to be closer to my family, since I still unable to talk the Dr. into letting me drive yet.

I miss Al very much and I know that I don't have to tell any of you that. I just had to say it.

I have been keeping an eye on the board, I just haven't had much to say.

I just wanted to let all of my CSN family know how I'm doing.

Talk to you soon,

God Bless,
Kath

Comments

• Lylesmyprince
    Lylesmyprince Member Posts: 130
    Options
    So good to hear from you!!
    Kath,

I'm sorry for the void you are feeling right now without Al. May your memories fill you up as you reflect on the precious times you shared.

Susie
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    Options

So good to hear from you!!
    Kath,

I'm sorry for the void you are feeling right now without Al. May your memories fill you up as you reflect on the precious times you shared.

Susie

Kath
    Hi Kath,
    It is good to see you posting!! It will be good for you to move closer to your family. My prayers will continue for you and yours and as Susie said above memories fill you up of the time spent with Al. take care, prayers always!
    Donna70
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • K_ann1015
    K_ann1015 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    it is nce to hear from you!
    Hi Kathy,
    It is nice to hear from you. I enjoy it when you do post, because you can tell that you think through what you say with such care & love...and we know that you have been through it all. It's hard for us to know that times are tough for many here---but we still care for you. I liked Williams post...

We miss Al to---through you. How long were you married? I pray your wonderful memories overshadow that pain you feel some days.
    God Bless,
    Kim
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Options
    Kath,
    Always stay in touch

Kath,

Always stay in touch even if just to say hi :) A wise friend once told me that after a major loss --- you should wait a year before making any major decisions. That might not be possible for you and what you may need is to be near family --- but consider the other things like William said and hold on to them. I had a friend that would smell and hold her husband's shirts during her darkest hours after his death, it just made her feel better. So keep all the junk :) and even if you pack it up like William said imagine how much fun you will have unpacking it after not having seen it for awhile. I think it is kinda like the Christmas stuff --- we pack it up and then each year take our the decorations and as we unpack we smile and laught and chat about the memories of some of the items. I can see you looking at some of Al's things when the grief isn't so raw, as is it now, and feeling great as the memories wash over you and you are transported to that time when you and Al were so happy together.

Praying for you and sending you a hug,
    Cindy
  • mumphy
    mumphy Member Posts: 440
    Options

Kath,
    Always stay in touch

Kath,

Always stay in touch even if just to say hi :) A wise friend once told me that after a major loss --- you should wait a year before making any major decisions. That might not be possible for you and what you may need is to be near family --- but consider the other things like William said and hold on to them. I had a friend that would smell and hold her husband's shirts during her darkest hours after his death, it just made her feel better. So keep all the junk :) and even if you pack it up like William said imagine how much fun you will have unpacking it after not having seen it for awhile. I think it is kinda like the Christmas stuff --- we pack it up and then each year take our the decorations and as we unpack we smile and laught and chat about the memories of some of the items. I can see you looking at some of Al's things when the grief isn't so raw, as is it now, and feeling great as the memories wash over you and you are transported to that time when you and Al were so happy together.

Praying for you and sending you a hug,
    Cindy

Hat
    Cindy,

Al would wear a tossle cap around the house because his head would get cold. It smells like him and I sleep with it every night. I have no intention on making decisions about some of our things until my grief has lessened. There things that I have given to his children before they left and there are more things that I know he would want them to have, so I will be taking all the time I need.

Thank you all, I don't know where I would be without my CSN Family.

Love to all,
    God Bless,
    Kath
    P.S we have been together 12 years. I met him when I was 35, He was truley the love of my life. Not that I may not love again, but it will not be the same nor should it be.
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    mumphy said:

Hat
    Cindy,

Al would wear a tossle cap around the house because his head would get cold. It smells like him and I sleep with it every night. I have no intention on making decisions about some of our things until my grief has lessened. There things that I have given to his children before they left and there are more things that I know he would want them to have, so I will be taking all the time I need.

Thank you all, I don't know where I would be without my CSN Family.

Love to all,
    God Bless,
    Kath
    P.S we have been together 12 years. I met him when I was 35, He was truley the love of my life. Not that I may not love again, but it will not be the same nor should it be.

Hi Kathy,
    So nice to hear

Hi Kathy,
    So nice to hear from you. You mention Al's hat, I have one of my dad's jackets that I sleep with every night. My mom sleeps with the small blanket he used all of the time. Both smell like my dad. These things keep them close to us. We can wrap ourselves around them every night. I understand that you need to move to be closer to your family. That will be very beneficial to you. Best of luck to you. Our loves are gone, but never forgotten. They now live forever in eternity, and one day we will meet again. Stay in touch.
    Love,
    Tina
  • Pghmomma
    Pghmomma Member Posts: 141
    Options

Hi Kathy,
    So nice to hear

Hi Kathy,
    So nice to hear from you. You mention Al's hat, I have one of my dad's jackets that I sleep with every night. My mom sleeps with the small blanket he used all of the time. Both smell like my dad. These things keep them close to us. We can wrap ourselves around them every night. I understand that you need to move to be closer to your family. That will be very beneficial to you. Best of luck to you. Our loves are gone, but never forgotten. They now live forever in eternity, and one day we will meet again. Stay in touch.
    Love,
    Tina

Kath
    Its so nice to hear from you! Sometimes you just need to have something that just has his scent on it that reminds you of him to get through them hard nites and days. I hope that you find a place closer to your family! Good luck to you and If you ever need anything drop me an email or phone call

Take care

Tina