clinical testing

Options
grandmasueb
grandmasueb Member Posts: 49
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a masectomy on 3/10/10 I seen my ONC,I have to do chemo he said that I have all the protocal to do the clinical testing I am confused on what to do. Has anyone done the clinical testing and if so what does it intitle.

Thank you
Sue

Comments

• Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    What did they mean by that?
    Clinical testing??? I'm confused.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

What did they mean by that?
    Clinical testing??? I'm confused.

Do you mean clinical trials.
    Do you mean clinical trials. I have done a trial. This can be a good thing depending on what it is.
  • grandmasueb
    grandmasueb Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Do you mean clinical trials.
    Do you mean clinical trials. I have done a trial. This can be a good thing depending on what it is.

trials
    Yes so sorry it is clinical trials.
  • CarrWilson
    CarrWilson Member Posts: 111
    Options

trials
    Yes so sorry it is clinical trials.

Clinical Trials
    Clinical trials can be a good thing, maybe not so much or ourselves, but for other unfortunate women who have this diagnosis, especially our sisters, daughters, granddaughters... If you decide to participate they will go over the options, benefits and risks. You will sign a consent and you can drop out at anytime. Many times they will want to contact you in the future to see how you are doing and get a health update.

I have done several clinical trials, mostly I am the control group, so I don't have to do anything special. I believe they are a great way to help future generations deal with this beast. I wanted to sign up for the OncotypeDX trial, but I had specific ideas about the treatment I personally wanted, so my MD did not want to sign me for that one.

Whatever you do, I wish you the very best. Ask, ask and ask more questions to your MD.

- Carrie