New here, Dad with stage 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I was told I had 2 years - I need to call that idiot
    I am now 15 months NED from stage 4 rectum – node – liver. It is all about attitude.

I read an article this week, us optimistic folks have measurably less of a physical reaction when dead mumps cells are put under our skin then the “half empty” folks.

If you think this crap is going to get your butt, it will.

Tell your dad there are no rules of engagement in this war. Fight it like a mad man.

Kerry
  • JustBelieve25
    JustBelieve25 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Kerry S said:

I was told I had 2 years - I need to call that idiot
    I am now 15 months NED from stage 4 rectum – node – liver. It is all about attitude.

I read an article this week, us optimistic folks have measurably less of a physical reaction when dead mumps cells are put under our skin then the “half empty” folks.

If you think this crap is going to get your butt, it will.

Tell your dad there are no rules of engagement in this war. Fight it like a mad man.

Kerry

Dad has Question
    Dad has a few questions, when you guys first started your treatments of chemo when and what time where you guy who are NED find out and how much chemo/treatments did you do. We know it is diffrent for everyone but he is curious. Thanks again for all your support, prayers to you all and God Bless!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options

Dad has Question
    Dad has a few questions, when you guys first started your treatments of chemo when and what time where you guy who are NED find out and how much chemo/treatments did you do. We know it is diffrent for everyone but he is curious. Thanks again for all your support, prayers to you all and God Bless!

Hi JB25,
    Here is my story so

Hi JB25,

Here is my story so far: I was diagnosed with colon cancer (2 tumours) in March 2009. I was referred to a very highly regarded colorectal surgeon + saw him in May. The plan for me was folfox + radiation, then a break before surgery. After this treatment + a break I was scanned + they determined I had 4 mets on my liver, but the 2 tumours in my colon were shrunken (about 30% each). The plan was changed; it was explained to me that if I had the colon surgery the liver mets would grow because I could not have chemo for a certain length of time before + after surgery. The new plan was folfiri + avastin. I began this treatment in Sept 2009. After 4 treatments I had a CT scan (Nov 2009). My colon tumours were non detectable at this point + the liver mets had shrunk. I had another CT in Jan 2010 (after 9 treatments) + there was nothing new + the liver mets had shrunk. I am not NED yet but things are moving in the right direction. I hope to be operable at some point. I send good wishes to your Dad.