pico-salax and thanx a lot care-givers update

Options
maglets
maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
ok here's the deal> for goin on 6 years hubby has been my cancer care-giver through thick and thin, surgeries and chemo. Today he starts his pico-salax in prep for a routine, age-related colonoscopy tomorrow....I am having a bird.

how do you guys do this? :) hail all care-givers....I am fussing around and pouring clear fluids and counting trips to the can and just generally fussing....funny to be on the other end of the stick

I have no experience with the pico and then he takes a GAS-X ....anyone else done this routine???? Wish us luck :):) all over by Friday noon....

mags

Done all clear all normal...isn't that great....I think one semi-colon in every family is enough anyway :):)

sure is different sitting in the waiting room instead of snoozing in O.R....yoozers not liking that waiting very much
sure is nice having my honey home safe and sound
sure is nice having a boiled egg and toast
sure want to wish you all happy Friday and happy weekend....mags

Comments

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Thankx
    You know mags, we just do it. Sometimes we get down because it seems like the weight of the world is on our shoulders, with work, household routines, general worry, worry about finances, getting the laundry done, but, it all works out. I don't say it very often because people get put off by it but us caregivers, I know we don't have the cancer but we live the cancer. I will say everything we do we do with complete love, understanding, compassion and care. Complaining, well that will never happen in my home but difficult at times, yes. We have been married 39 years and it has been a wonderful life, full of laughter, joy, minimal money worries, vacations, daugher very well educated and I don't think anyone could have made me any happier. Take care Tina
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    mags
    Cheers to all caregivers!!!!!!!!!

Hope all comes out well for your hubby :) Never heard of pico salax.

I'm having one in April and they ordered up Trilyte (sp?) I called and asked if they had any problems if I went with the Miralax/Dulcolax prep and thank goodness they said "Sure you can!" Didn't want to drink a gallon when 1/2 gallon will do the job.

-Pat
  • maglets
    Options
    Jaylo969 said:

mags
    Cheers to all caregivers!!!!!!!!!

Hope all comes out well for your hubby :) Never heard of pico salax.

I'm having one in April and they ordered up Trilyte (sp?) I called and asked if they had any problems if I went with the Miralax/Dulcolax prep and thank goodness they said "Sure you can!" Didn't want to drink a gallon when 1/2 gallon will do the job.

-Pat

Tina and Pat
    thank you Tina for your reply...I do believe you live with cancer every bit as much as we do.

Pat I have only had Fleet, Flyte and on my last round I brought it back up...it's really hard to stomach so DH has had one packet of pico mixed with 5 oz of water and he seems great. The gas x is simethicone which is used to reduce intestinal gas....I guess every surgeon has their own fav's...pat I am glad you will get to use a prep you like...well not like....but you know what I mean

best to all
    mags
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

Tina and Pat
    thank you Tina for your reply...I do believe you live with cancer every bit as much as we do.

Pat I have only had Fleet, Flyte and on my last round I brought it back up...it's really hard to stomach so DH has had one packet of pico mixed with 5 oz of water and he seems great. The gas x is simethicone which is used to reduce intestinal gas....I guess every surgeon has their own fav's...pat I am glad you will get to use a prep you like...well not like....but you know what I mean

best to all
    mags

You're right, Mags, looks like each doctor prefers their own
    brand of prep.....wishing best of results for your husband.......steve

PS: just take your "cancer survivor" hat off and put your "caregiver" one on......
  • maglets
    Options
    coloCan said:

You're right, Mags, looks like each doctor prefers their own
    brand of prep.....wishing best of results for your husband.......steve

PS: just take your "cancer survivor" hat off and put your "caregiver" one on......

5 am
    5am and we are up and at em. I goggled fleet last night and it has been banned from canada becuase of possible kidney damage...glad my honey didn't have to do it...

a very nice gentle prep

ok stevie I got my caregiver cap on and my chauffeur hat and we off for the hospital....

:):) mags