DX one year ago today

JaneE2366
JaneE2366 Member Posts: 289 Member
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Hello all,
As many of you know, Charlie was dx one year ago today with stage iv EC. What a year it has been. We feel so blessed to have had this year. This time last year, we didn't think we would ever see another 4th of July, (special holiday for us) Thanksgiving, birthdays, or Christmas. I want to thank all of you for your continued support and most of all your prayers.
We went to the oncologist this morning for blood work and Charlie's Herceptin treatment. Well we couldn't do the Herceptin....we had a Muga scan 2 weeks ago (checks the heart...need to do this when you are on Herceptin) and his #'s were low. So we are going to see the cardiologist tomorrow morning....we are hoping he will schedule an echo for next week and that will show we can continue with the Herceptin. Charlie is feeling bummed...he really wanted to do the Herceptin.
Our oncologists offices are being renovated.....reconfiguration, paint, furniture....the waiting looks more like a living room, rather than a dr's office. This is the first time we saw it finished so we sat down to wait and I look up at the wall across from us and there is a beautiful plague that read "Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." Well needless to say, I almost lost it....I immediately thought of Kathy. I felt like she was watching over us. I had never told Charlie the story of Kathy....I never tell him about the people we have lost....I only tell him the good stories. Charlie then commented on the plague....he wanted me to write down the saying so he could remember it. I told him I didn't have to write it down...I knew it by heart and I then decided to tell him about Kathy. I just wanted to share this story with those of you that knew Kathy...I think of her often.
So thanks again for all the prayers...I continue to pray for all of you.
Stay strong,
Jane

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • lindadanis
    lindadanis Member Posts: 235
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Wow, one year, that is great news!!!
    Hi, just wanted to say "that's great" that charlie has made it to one year, that is such good news. I am so glad to hear that some people do get to beat this horrible cancer and it seems charlie is doing a great job.

Linda
  • JaneE2366
    JaneE2366 Member Posts: 289 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

thank you
    William & Loretta,
    Thank you so much...you have such a way with words.
    Luckily I live in FL....so I have lots of flip flops...a little hard to dance in but no....no need to take up a collection!! LOL.
    My best to both of you.
    Jane
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    JaneE2366 said:

thank you
    William & Loretta,
    Thank you so much...you have such a way with words.
    Luckily I live in FL....so I have lots of flip flops...a little hard to dance in but no....no need to take up a collection!! LOL.
    My best to both of you.
    Jane

Happy Anniversary Charlie!!
    Dear Linda and Charlie,
    Congratulations! Great news! May our God continue to bless both of you. And please do continue to dance in the rain, and let the rain drops touch your tongues!! Keep us posted re: the cardiologist appt.
    Love,
    Tina
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member

Happy Anniversary Charlie!!
    Dear Linda and Charlie,
    Congratulations! Great news! May our God continue to bless both of you. And please do continue to dance in the rain, and let the rain drops touch your tongues!! Keep us posted re: the cardiologist appt.
    Love,
    Tina

happy Anniversary
    Hi Jane,
    Congrats to you and Charlie and how happy we are to see you celebrate this year. The memories of Kathy will always be with us all. A year to someone fighting cancer is a way different year from everyone taking their health for granted for sure. Hope you and Charlie have many more ahead. Prayers for all, take care,
    Donna70
  • mmr19
    mmr19 Member Posts: 75
    Congratulations
    Congratulations to you both. I'm sure what a year it has been!
    Your journey gives me hope that we can do it too!
    Thanks for sharing.

Marta
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Congratulations and here is
    Congratulations and here is to the start of another year of blessing for both of you.

Lots of hugs,
    Cindy
  • mumphy
    mumphy Member Posts: 440

Congratulations and here is
    Congratulations and here is to the start of another year of blessing for both of you.

Lots of hugs,
    Cindy

Dear Jane,
    Dear Jane,

Congratulations on your hitting the 1 year mark. I pray that you continue to have many, many more.

You have been an inspriation to me. Continue to fight the good fight.

God Bless,
    Kath