Ugh...who knew radiation would suck so bad?

Options
2»

Comments

• Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    My Vote
    is for Chemo!! Although I have not begun Rads yet, I would have to say some of these side effects from Chemo suck way worse than the frying. I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable right now. You are soooo close to the end-try to stay focused on the finish line. Look how much you have already conquered! Have you set a date yet for the port removal? Hope you are feeling better real soon!
    ♥ Cat
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Cat64 said:

My Vote
    is for Chemo!! Although I have not begun Rads yet, I would have to say some of these side effects from Chemo suck way worse than the frying. I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable right now. You are soooo close to the end-try to stay focused on the finish line. Look how much you have already conquered! Have you set a date yet for the port removal? Hope you are feeling better real soon!
    ♥ Cat

I Agree
    I have to agree with Cat. Some of the side effects I had during chemo were rare and incredible. I think I had all the various rashes known to Man and Woman and they were in some compromising places. My absesses and mouth sores. You are right, Cat. I am glad tha shet is over!!!

P
  • pgrace35
    pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Sorry Sam
    I remember how painful it was too, anything rubbing againest it was horrible! Creams helpled a little bit, I also used pure aloe, it was very cooling and helped too. You're almost through this and you will heal up before you know it! Hang in there Sam
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Options
    pgrace35 said:

Sorry Sam
    I remember how painful it was too, anything rubbing againest it was horrible! Creams helpled a little bit, I also used pure aloe, it was very cooling and helped too. You're almost through this and you will heal up before you know it! Hang in there Sam

Im on countdown
    3 more...3 more..3 more....I keep reminding my self. Going out for a victory ride on the 1st..with my friends for wings and a cold beer. Breast is starting to heal now...cause last few are just boosts to nodes. I can actually move today..lol.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Sam726 said:

Im on countdown
    3 more...3 more..3 more....I keep reminding my self. Going out for a victory ride on the 1st..with my friends for wings and a cold beer. Breast is starting to heal now...cause last few are just boosts to nodes. I can actually move today..lol.

Glad you're doing better Sam
    I've finished 7 of my 30 treatments, and so far haven't had anything more than a little tenderness, but I must admit that this post scared me! I know that I'll get through it regardless, but none of this is easy, is it?

I came through chemo pretty well, but I was hoping that I'd have a break from the fatigue between chemo and rads, but it hasn't left me yet, and I'm not looking forward to feeling even more tired by the end of rads.

Enjoy your bike ride and the nice cold beer (you may want to hold against your burned side for maximim enjoyment)!

Cindy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Sam726 said:

Im on countdown

Almost done Sam! Hang in
    Almost done Sam! Hang in there! Your skin will heal quickly once you finish. We will all celebrate your finishing!

Hugs, Angie