Burning sensation under arm

Options
laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Surgery was 3 weeks ago and my under arm gets shooting pains like burning, hard to explain. It even goes down behind my arm. It comes and goes. Is this nerves healing?

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

I had my surgery lumpectomy
    I had my surgery lumpectomy and 6 nodes on 6/27/09 and I still get the burning in my armpit and down my arm. Not as much as in the beginning but every once in a while it happens. I was also told it was the nerves mending. When you see your surgeon, you should be given exercises to help.

Sher
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Burning sensation.
    HI laurissa,my surgery was 6 months ago and I still have that feeling.In my breast it feels like a bunch of bee,s stinging me.Under my arm is the burning feeling.Another something that the Dr. doesn,t tell us may happen.Take care. Pat.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    I never had this Laurissa,
    I never had this Laurissa, but, I had a lumpectomy. Hoping you got some answers from your plastic surgeon and oncologist.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

I never had this Laurissa,
    I never had this Laurissa, but, I had a lumpectomy. Hoping you got some answers from your plastic surgeon and oncologist.

I still have the burning and
    I still have the burning and it's been since last June. I was told nerve damage take a long time to heal, thats if it ever heals.
  • reddebbb
    reddebbb Member Posts: 14
    Options
    under arm
    my arm has strange sensations as well. the physical therapist has been rubbing it......with the idea that it helps the nerves, which were affected when the lymph nodes were removed. i don't like the feeling, although it has been getting better. it's been 4 1/2 weeks since my surgery.
  • Wasabe2
    Wasabe2 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    reddebbb said:

under arm
    my arm has strange sensations as well. the physical therapist has been rubbing it......with the idea that it helps the nerves, which were affected when the lymph nodes were removed. i don't like the feeling, although it has been getting better. it's been 4 1/2 weeks since my surgery.

Ouch!!
    I had a lumpectomy on March 23, 2010. On Friday I felt the "burn" for the first time. It radiated from under my right arm and traveled along a line to my nipple. It felt like raw meat being ripped...takes your breath away. I read in an ACS pamphlet that it is in fact nerves reacting to the surgery. They suggested that you massage the area of pain with your fingertips or use a soft washcloth and gently massage away the pain. Exercises, when approved by the physician, also help ease the pain and get things back in shape. Blessings be to all. I look forward to the time I can say, "This too has passed!"
  • Sharon_D
    Sharon_D Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Wasabe2 said:

Ouch!!
    I had a lumpectomy on March 23, 2010. On Friday I felt the "burn" for the first time. It radiated from under my right arm and traveled along a line to my nipple. It felt like raw meat being ripped...takes your breath away. I read in an ACS pamphlet that it is in fact nerves reacting to the surgery. They suggested that you massage the area of pain with your fingertips or use a soft washcloth and gently massage away the pain. Exercises, when approved by the physician, also help ease the pain and get things back in shape. Blessings be to all. I look forward to the time I can say, "This too has passed!"

Good question
    I was talking about this just yesterday and wondering how long it would last. It'll be a year July 7th for me.