You GOTTA see this!!!

Options
aysemari
aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi,

Please watch this video, it is so amazing and inspiring!!
I first found this video and it was taken years ago. She
had a rare cancer stage IV. I loved the video and did more
research and found out she's still alive and has written
several books on how she beat the odds with nutrition and
other life changes. This gave me so much hope...
I hope it does the same for you =)

HUGS - Ayse

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbRM2RAjgh0 -

crazysexylife.com

Comments

• mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Isn't it great! I had come

Isn't it great! I had come across her website a couple of months before I was diagnosed. I revisited it right after my diagnosis trying to decide which way I should go with treatment.
  • aysemari
    Options

Isn't it great! I had come

Isn't it great! I had come across her website a couple of months before I was diagnosed. I revisited it right after my diagnosis trying to decide which way I should go with treatment.

The way I see it
    The stories of people that take an unconventional way is always more exciting.
    But how many lives were saved by chemo and surgery? You don't see all too
    many stories about that. So I personally will combine the new with old and proven.
    I will play it safe but venture where I can...
    I ordered her book, I really want to learn more about using nutrition as medicin, why not start
    with her =)

Ayse
  • aysemari said:

The way I see it
    The stories of people that take an unconventional way is always more exciting.
    But how many lives were saved by chemo and surgery? You don't see all too
    many stories about that. So I personally will combine the new with old and proven.
    I will play it safe but venture where I can...
    I ordered her book, I really want to learn more about using nutrition as medicin, why not start
    with her =)

Ayse

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ayse, that was just
    Thanks, Ayse, that was just amazing. I am a firm believer that knowledge and attitude play a huge role in our treatment. I don't think I could give up western medicine but would also compliment it with a healthier lifestyle. Thanks so much for sharing this. Now, I'm going to find her website and continue reading.
  • MyTurnNow said:

Thanks, Ayse, that was just
    Thanks, Ayse, that was just amazing. I am a firm believer that knowledge and attitude play a huge role in our treatment. I don't think I could give up western medicine but would also compliment it with a healthier lifestyle. Thanks so much for sharing this. Now, I'm going to find her website and continue reading.

• unknown said:

• mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    I have always been

I have always been conscientious with diet and nutrition, have been vegetarian most of my life, used alternative medicine, gone to herbalists rather than doctors since I was a child and diagnosed with Hep. C (due to vacines). Now they no longer find detectable amounts of the virus in my body.

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer there wasn't much more I could do to my diet, I had several knowledgable people look at it and agree. I grow most of my vegtables, only eat organic, eat little processed foods, I was juicing twice a day and do quite a bit of raw food, don't use a microwave (in the summer), I use natural soaps and face cream (raw shea butter), filter water, don't drink soda, or alcohol or eat junk foods, meditate and have a spiritual practice, excercise ..etc. I worked with an herbalist before and after my diagnosis. The only two things I could do differently were to stop drinking my one cup of coffee a day and get a little more sleep (not so easy as a single parent working full time) but I have at least stopped drinking coffee, the sleep well the chemo has messed with that but it is getting better.

So in my own experience, there are cases of cancer that can be significantly improved with diet and if your diet is not great, it is really worth doing something about and learning more about nutrition and alternative therapies (beware there are a lot of quacks). If your diet is already good and there is not much that can be changed then for me, I needed to look at the emotional and spiritual.

I still juice twice a day and eat well, I have done research on some herbs that are alright to take during chemo, okayed it with my Oncologist, still eat as healthy as possible to support my body during chemo and get exercise. I am willing to give conventional/western medicine a chance. For me, the healing process comes with integrating everything, doing what I can then it is n'shallah - God Willing. Truly at this point it is surrending to God's Will.
  • CarrWilson
    CarrWilson Member Posts: 111
    Options

I have always been

I have always been conscientious with diet and nutrition, have been vegetarian most of my life, used alternative medicine, gone to herbalists rather than doctors since I was a child and diagnosed with Hep. C (due to vacines). Now they no longer find detectable amounts of the virus in my body.

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer there wasn't much more I could do to my diet, I had several knowledgable people look at it and agree. I grow most of my vegtables, only eat organic, eat little processed foods, I was juicing twice a day and do quite a bit of raw food, don't use a microwave (in the summer), I use natural soaps and face cream (raw shea butter), filter water, don't drink soda, or alcohol or eat junk foods, meditate and have a spiritual practice, excercise ..etc. I worked with an herbalist before and after my diagnosis. The only two things I could do differently were to stop drinking my one cup of coffee a day and get a little more sleep (not so easy as a single parent working full time) but I have at least stopped drinking coffee, the sleep well the chemo has messed with that but it is getting better.

So in my own experience, there are cases of cancer that can be significantly improved with diet and if your diet is not great, it is really worth doing something about and learning more about nutrition and alternative therapies (beware there are a lot of quacks). If your diet is already good and there is not much that can be changed then for me, I needed to look at the emotional and spiritual.

I still juice twice a day and eat well, I have done research on some herbs that are alright to take during chemo, okayed it with my Oncologist, still eat as healthy as possible to support my body during chemo and get exercise. I am willing to give conventional/western medicine a chance. For me, the healing process comes with integrating everything, doing what I can then it is n'shallah - God Willing. Truly at this point it is surrending to God's Will.

I don't fit the sterotype for breastcancer
    I exercise, try to eat right, height/weight proportionate, do yoga, try to avoid stress, had and breastfed my children in my early 20's. So what's up, why did I get this? I know there is no answer, but I enjoyed Chris Karr's youtube videos, and bookmarked her website. I especially like her 10 rules.

Anything to have better nutrition is a positive. Thanks for posting. I guess I need to buy a juicer now. More excuses to go shopping - Yea!!

Smiles - Carrie
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Ayse, you look beautiful!
    I can't view YouTube videos at work, but Ayse, I just wanted to say how beautiful you look in your headwrap. It looks like one of the Good Wishes ones from Laurie and the caring ladies at France Luxe, yes?

Traci
  • aysemari
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Ayse, you look beautiful!
    I can't view YouTube videos at work, but Ayse, I just wanted to say how beautiful you look in your headwrap. It looks like one of the Good Wishes ones from Laurie and the caring ladies at France Luxe, yes?

Traci

Thanks Traci
    Yes, it was from France deluxe and it was my first choice.
    They were so amazing

You are always such positive but outspoken person, love
    reading your posts.

Ayse