The tides might be changing for me

Options
snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, I got my PET results today and things appear to be doing well. I only have two tumors in my liver and 3 in my right lung and a possible one in the portacaval cavity. That is down from several in each lung and 6-8 in my liver and 2 in the portacaval cavity. Not bad for having only been on xeloda for the last 9 weeks. Not only have the number and sizes of the tumors diminished they have also decreased in activity. I guess the doctors will give me another few months. My new Dr hasn't decided to work on me yet. He says he might just be able to knock them all out with the Novalis. He's gonna do some math and get back to me. It's a huge long shot but I could be technically NED in less than 3 weeks. I'm not holding my breath but it sure would be nice. That would be cool. From dead to ned back to dead back to ned. This cancer game sure is a trip.

Comments

• Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Great news! Glad you shared
    Great news! Glad you shared this. Always so good to hear 'good'news'.

-Pat
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, John! I am
    Congratulations, John! I am really happy for you, + look forward to hearing more good news from you! Thanks for sharing this happy news.
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Still praying for you John!

That is GREAT news! I'm just thrilled! Hey, be sure to read on the Modified Citrus Pectin. Very interesting !

Diane
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options

That is GREAT news! I'm just thrilled! Hey, be sure to read on the Modified Citrus Pectin. Very interesting !

Diane

Like a rollercoaster, maybe now you can have a smoother ride
    Hope things tutn out great for you, John.......steve
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Really great news!I think in the near future,we will have a NED news from you.This is cool.
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Options
    Great news
    That is great news John! And it sure gives everyone fighting this disease hope reading your journey. You are amazing, and a true fighter. Keep us all posted!
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
    Congratulations,it's good to hear good news.I'll pray you make it to NED.
  • WinneyPooh
    WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
    Options
    great news
    I had good response to xeloda also it shrunk my liver met, so i think it is good,
    This cancer is crazy roller coaster, one day we'll all get off.
    Live, Laugh, Play
    Winnie
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    Options

great news
    I had good response to xeloda also it shrunk my liver met, so i think it is good,
    This cancer is crazy roller coaster, one day we'll all get off.
    Live, Laugh, Play
    Winnie

So happy for your
    good news John. Wishing you continued success on your path to NED!
    Best Regards,
    Joanne
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    The Winds of Change...
    Wow, John - you have certainly battled hard and finally it looks like some really good news for you. You don't need me to tell you that it can be done - you're living proof - every day of your life.

BTW, the 10-year anniversary of our tornado is coming up on March 28, 2000 @ 6:52pm. You saw my news video, you know the rest. I think I agree with you now, I'm a "friggin' train wreck." But the wheels are still rollin' on...

FTW
    -DaVinci