Serious Swimming...

Options
tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
There was a competition to swim from Santa Monica to Catalina doing only the breaststroke, and the three women who entered the race were a brunette, a redhead and a blonde.

After approximately 14 hours, the brunette staggered up on the shore and was declared the fastest breaststroker.

About 40 minutes later, the redhead crawled on shore and was declared the second place finisher.

Nearly 4 hours after that, the blonde finally came ashore and promptly collapsed in front of the worried onlookers. When the reporters asked why it took her so long to complete the race, she replied,

"I don't want to sound like a sore loser, but I think those two other girls were using their arms."

Comments

• Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    I'm A Swimmer
    I am a swimmer and I couldn't figure out how it was going to end with the blonde. Good ending. Made me laugh out loud.

Fondly,
    Janelle
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    HA, HA, HA!!!!! I love
    HA, HA, HA!!!!! I love blonde jokes and this one was too funny!! Thanks for the belly laugh!!

P.S. I'm not blonde...maybe that's why I like them so much??? LOL.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

HA, HA, HA!!!!! I love
    HA, HA, HA!!!!! I love blonde jokes and this one was too funny!! Thanks for the belly laugh!!

P.S. I'm not blonde...maybe that's why I like them so much??? LOL.

that was funny. I used to be
    that was funny. I used to be blonde now who knows. feeling better?
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    I am a swimmer as well with

I am a swimmer as well with breaststroke being my strongest stroke. This made me laugh. I love it!! Thanks for sharing this!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

I am a swimmer as well with

I am a swimmer as well with breaststroke being my strongest stroke. This made me laugh. I love it!! Thanks for sharing this!

I will never watch a swim
    I will never watch a swim competition with a straight face. This was too funny.
    Stef
  • BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    That was great! Thanks for your humor! Loved it and will share it with others.
    Beth
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    BethInAz said:

Thanks!
    That was great! Thanks for your humor! Loved it and will share it with others.
    Beth

Thanks for the laugh

Thanks for the laugh
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Thanks for the laugh

Thanks for the laugh

This was a really good one,
    This was a really good one, Margo.