CA-125

Options
RandiK
RandiK Member Posts: 31
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
My Mom went to the ER at MD Anderson on February 5th of this year. They did a ca-125 and it was 3250. She had surgery on Feb 23rd and had the tumor removed and a total hysterectomy and omentum removed. Yesterday she went for her first chemo treatment and her ca-125 was 24. I think this is great just to go to that number with just the surgery.

Comments

• azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    great
    that isi great mine was 500 and iis now 10
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Great Results
    Dear Randi, that is great news, thanks for sharing. Now the chemo will do the rest. Prayers Bonnie
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hi Randik
    That is great news, I hope your mum continues to improve
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options

Hi Randik
    That is great news, I hope your mum continues to improve

Hi,
    This is great news...

Hi,

This is great news... with medication/therapy I know it will get even better for her.

Praying for you and your mother,
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Hi,
    This is great news...

Hi,

This is great news... with medication/therapy I know it will get even better for her.

Praying for you and your mother,

great
    that is great
  • Terri Harvey50
    Terri Harvey50 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    CA-125
    That is awesome! I am stage IIIc. Mine was 580 before surgery, after the surgery and before the first chemo it was 64, and I had my last chemo April 15, 2009, and six weeks following it was 4.8. My most recent CA-125 done on March 8, 2010, was 5.
  • katvan
    katvan Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

CA-125
    That is awesome! I am stage IIIc. Mine was 580 before surgery, after the surgery and before the first chemo it was 64, and I had my last chemo April 15, 2009, and six weeks following it was 4.8. My most recent CA-125 done on March 8, 2010, was 5.

Ca-125
    Im glad to hear the news about your CA125 count--mine was 465 when I started and got it down to 9--But let me explain to you that the CA125 is very misleading I went in to have gall bladder removed they found cancer (they said peppering spots) on abdominal wall--my CA125 was still only 10--Dr told me this was because the cancer wasn't in the blood stream So I was told that the CA125 can be misleading...