Liposuction w/masectomy

Options
TulsaMomof3
TulsaMomof3 Member Posts: 105
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I spoke with my breast surgen about the possibilty of haveing liposuction done by the plastic surgen the day of my masectomy/reconstruction she said it would be fine. I figured if I was going to be in the hospital anyway and loosing my boobs I should at least get a smaller butt out of the deal! Anyway my only concern is I have heard some women say the medicine you go on as another part of treatment causes you to gain weight? I really want the lipo but if the medicine is going to make me heavy then am I wasting my time with the lipo?

Comments

• Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow..
    You are a brave one... I have had just lipo without the mastectomy and it wasn't an easy thing.. I cannot imagine having lipo and mastectomy at the same time....

Best wishes,
    Dot
  • TulsaMomof3
    Options
    Dot53 said:

Wow..
    You are a brave one... I have had just lipo without the mastectomy and it wasn't an easy thing.. I cannot imagine having lipo and mastectomy at the same time....

Best wishes,
    Dot

well I thought it was better
    well I thought it was better to do it when I was going to have a few days to recover in the hospital with the good drugs! usually they just do it out-patient and send you home.
  • Dot53
    Options

well I thought it was better
    well I thought it was better to do it when I was going to have a few days to recover in the hospital with the good drugs! usually they just do it out-patient and send you home.

Maybe I'm just a wimp these
    Maybe I'm just a wimp these days... I wasn't even in the hospital for 24 hours after my double mastectomy and of course as you said it was ambulatory when I went in for the lipo.. My mind just keeps thinking how much my butt and legs hurt afterward.. I sat on a pillow for weeks..
  • TulsaMomof3
    Options
    Dot53 said:

Maybe I'm just a wimp these
    Maybe I'm just a wimp these days... I wasn't even in the hospital for 24 hours after my double mastectomy and of course as you said it was ambulatory when I went in for the lipo.. My mind just keeps thinking how much my butt and legs hurt afterward.. I sat on a pillow for weeks..

OUCH! well I was also
    OUCH! well I was also thinking that because of the Masectomy my family and friends will be helping out alot and giving me special treatment, but if I do the lipo later on -they would probably all be like - Well you asked for it! haha
  • Dot53
    Options

OUCH! well I was also
    OUCH! well I was also thinking that because of the Masectomy my family and friends will be helping out alot and giving me special treatment, but if I do the lipo later on -they would probably all be like - Well you asked for it! haha

You are probably right about
    You are probably right about that... when I had the lipo I hid it from everyone... I'm sure they wondered why I walked funny and smelled less than fresh!! Haha..

I say whatever works for you is best... feel free to private email me if I can answer any other questions..

Best,
    Dot
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options
    i gained 10 lbs during
    i gained 10 lbs during treatment..
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Ooo, No
    I haven't had lipo, but, having had a double mastectomy, I can't imagine that this would be a good idea. How would you sleep comfortably. You can't sleep on your side after the mastectomy, especially if you do reconstruction immediately. Wow, it just sounds like too much discomfort in too many places. That's my big, ol' opinion, anyway.

First chemo today. The nurse practitioner said it's common to gain 5 - 10 lbs. When I asked if the medications cause the gain, she said no, that it's because sometimes people don't feel like eating. Then, when they do, they overindulge.