Any help would be grateful

Options
mcsauder
mcsauder Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey things are not good CEA is up to 280,, and Liver blood work came back bad Dr. Harvey said that cancer can hide so we are going to do a PET scan and see what that comes up with
anyone know about this or is this something to get worked up over which I already tanking 1.5 mg of (Ativan) Lorazepam and that is not doing a dame thing
Any help would be grateful

Thank you as always Mike

Comments

• Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hey Mike - Sorry to hear
    Hey Mike - Sorry to hear about your troubles. Stay strong.
    Cancer is bad about hiding sometimes. Don't get worked up. Take it easy.
    Have you had an MRI on your liver lately?
    Roger
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Mike,I don't have the
    Mike,

I don't have the answer, but someone else might. I want you to know I am thinking about you + hope you get the answers you need from someone else - there are lots of smart helpful people on this forum.
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Mike, the embolization was
    Mike, the embolization was in mid Jan, right? Praying this is nothing at all but inflamation or tumor dying! Put on some Casting Crowns or Michael W. Smith and get lost in praises.
  • mcsauder
    mcsauder Member Posts: 68
    Options

Mike, the embolization was
    Mike, the embolization was in mid Jan, right? Praying this is nothing at all but inflamation or tumor dying! Put on some Casting Crowns or Michael W. Smith and get lost in praises.

Michael W Smith
    I love his music I have his one CD now that you said that I'll have to go out to the car and get it THANK YOU,, yes it was Jan.)) Dec.23 was the PET

Did I have a MRI no for five years I never had a MRI It was always CAT or PET
    what would a MRI come up with I don't know anything about them
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mcsauder said:

Michael W Smith
    I love his music I have his one CD now that you said that I'll have to go out to the car and get it THANK YOU,, yes it was Jan.)) Dec.23 was the PET

Did I have a MRI no for five years I never had a MRI It was always CAT or PET
    what would a MRI come up with I don't know anything about them

Apparently an MRI can give
    Apparently an MRI can give you a more detailed picture of what's going on in your liver. When I was diagnosed in July '09, and a few weeks ago, I had a CT scan followed by an MRI. The recent CT showed three larger liver mets. The MRI showed many more smaller mets.
    Hope this helps. Take care.
    Roger
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    Crow71 said:

Apparently an MRI can give
    Apparently an MRI can give you a more detailed picture of what's going on in your liver. When I was diagnosed in July '09, and a few weeks ago, I had a CT scan followed by an MRI. The recent CT showed three larger liver mets. The MRI showed many more smaller mets.
    Hope this helps. Take care.
    Roger

HI Sweety!
    It's so good hearing from you, I've missed you! My CEA levels have been spiking slightly, and liver enzymes have been goin up little by little, the doctor wasn't too concerned about it, since they weren't HUGE numbers, but she has now moved, and I will be meeting my new onc who took her place on Wednesday, and will go over my scans I took last week, I'm so scared amd nervous at the same time. He was on her same medical team, but who knows, maybe he'll be better, and have more options for me and maybe not! I'm just so nervous right now, I can't even sleep, here I am at 3:15 am posting. Think it's time for an ativan!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna