health reform hmmm

Options
snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, I don't know how all this is gonna go down but I do know that if I live until 2014 I'm gonna bust some insurance companies bottom line all to hell.

Comments

• dasspears
    dasspears Member Posts: 227
    Options
    Doing...
    the happy dance!!! It's needed and has been for a long time in my humble opinion!
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Come November, there's gonna
    Come November, there's gonna be some changes in Washington!

Good to see you, John!
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    dasspears said:

Doing...
    the happy dance!!! It's needed and has been for a long time in my humble opinion!

Agree
    Health care reform is needed. Don't know if they did it right but it is a step in the right direction - Tina
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    Options

Good to see you, John!

just glad it's done!
    I am so sick and tired of hearing about it. Especially all the alarmist rhetoric. I don't understand why anyone would be against people being covered by insurance. The way I see it, the uninsured were bankrupting the hospitals and ERs in this country. At least if 95% of the people have insurance it will hopefully prevent some hospitals from closing their doors.
    Also, if people are required to have insurance, maybe they will actually use it and go to the doctor! Preventative medicine should bring down costs over the long run. I don't see what the alternative was - something had to be done!
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    Options

Good to see you, John!

unemployment will be on the rise
    There are going to be alot of empty seats up on the hill come Nov. and I can't wait, there is going to be a new banner hanging across the gate to 1600 penn. ave. HELP WANTED this is going to be a disaster like none other and I won't get into it here but mark my words...
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    on a gov run medical program
    called medicare and believe me you will regret it they suck....I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with them.
  • geotina
    Options
    lcarper2 said:

on a gov run medical program
    called medicare and believe me you will regret it they suck....I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with them.

Health Care
    And the alternative is what????? Tina
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    Options
    geotina said:

Health Care
    And the alternative is what????? Tina

medicaid is pretty cool
    I'm currently on medicaid and I have to admit it is pretty good. They do limit the number of PET/CTs you can get in a year, but they pay my Drs, pay for my chemo, pay for my meds. I'm pretty happy so far. I would like for them to pay for experimental procedures and meds but they go strictly by the book. I'm happy I have something!
  • geotina
    Options
    snommintj said:

medicaid is pretty cool
    I'm currently on medicaid and I have to admit it is pretty good. They do limit the number of PET/CTs you can get in a year, but they pay my Drs, pay for my chemo, pay for my meds. I'm pretty happy so far. I would like for them to pay for experimental procedures and meds but they go strictly by the book. I'm happy I have something!

Medicare
    My sister had Medicare and also a supplemental for her Medicare and she is very happy with it. Had recent knee surgery and her out of pocket was less than $100.00, and that was for both knees. Said it is better than any Blue Cross she had while working. Hopefully, Washingtion will get the new National Health Care right. She also recently needed a hearing aid and that was all paid for also. Take care - Tina
  • dirtyshirt
    dirtyshirt Member Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm Sorry to See this Debate
    Spill over into this website, but I guess it was inevitable.

I am a teacher. I have debated anti-education, anti-teacher issues with other teachers so many times I couldn't count. Now I see there are those on this board who have benefitted from modern medical care and would still (apparently) support the status quo wherein there are others dying because they can't afford the same care.

I will never understand some segments of our society - how do you benefit from the goods of our society, and consciously decide that others don't deserve it?

I am saddened and confused by the opposition to health care reform, and nowhere more than here.
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Options

I'm Sorry to See this Debate
    Spill over into this website, but I guess it was inevitable.

I am a teacher. I have debated anti-education, anti-teacher issues with other teachers so many times I couldn't count. Now I see there are those on this board who have benefitted from modern medical care and would still (apparently) support the status quo wherein there are others dying because they can't afford the same care.

I will never understand some segments of our society - how do you benefit from the goods of our society, and consciously decide that others don't deserve it?

I am saddened and confused by the opposition to health care reform, and nowhere more than here.

dirtyshirt
    Just ignore it if you can...politics and religion are two things I refuse to touch on a public forum, unless it is a forum dedicated to religion or politics. It seems to always lead to discord because everybody wants to be RIGHT. Opinions are like A--holes, we all have one.

I understand your concern,but please don't be put off or saddened and confused that people have these opinions. Tis human nature.

-Pat
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Jaylo969 said:

dirtyshirt
    Just ignore it if you can...politics and religion are two things I refuse to touch on a public forum, unless it is a forum dedicated to religion or politics. It seems to always lead to discord because everybody wants to be RIGHT. Opinions are like A--holes, we all have one.

I understand your concern,but please don't be put off or saddened and confused that people have these opinions. Tis human nature.

-Pat

Our fight with cancer gives
    Our fight with cancer gives us a different perspective than most, and no matter what our opinions may be, our fight with cancer is the bond that holds us together. Let's not be divided by this issue. We have to stay strong and focussed together.
    Much Love and Sparks to all. - Roger