Famous CNN photographer has died from colon cancer

Options
dianetavegia
dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Margaret Moth story
But more than three years after being diagnosed with colon cancer, her tremendous life journey has come to an end.

Moth, known for her gutsiness, striking appearance, distinctive humor and sense of fun, died early Sunday in Rochester, Minnesota.

"Dying of cancer, I would have liked to think I'd have gone out with a bit more flair," she said with a laugh last spring during an interview with a CNN documentary crew that had traveled to Texas, where she was visiting friends.

Comments

• HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    What moxy she had!! Truly a
    What moxy she had!! Truly a woman who enjoyed life! I'm sure she's going to be missed greatly by CNN
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Famous People
    I wonder if CNN will now pay attention to colon cancer on their newscasts but I doubt it. Why is it we do not hear from famous or somewhat famous people having colon cancer until after they are gone. I wish this disease could be more on the forefront and not hushed up ike its a dirty little word. Tina
  • k1
    k1 Member Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    geotina said:

Famous People
    I wonder if CNN will now pay attention to colon cancer on their newscasts but I doubt it. Why is it we do not hear from famous or somewhat famous people having colon cancer until after they are gone. I wish this disease could be more on the forefront and not hushed up ike its a dirty little word. Tina

Famous People
    That just isn't true that we only hear about the ones that are gone -- if you want to see a famous person who has been surviving post colon cancer and post chemo for 10 years all you have to do is tune in to the second episode of Celebrity Apprentice tonight to see Sharon Osbourne compete to win money for the charity foundation she created to help other colon cancer victims and family. She rocks! I have never been interested in Celebrity Apprentice before, and now I can't wait to tune in o Sunday night and see this gutsy woman cc survivor in this cutthroat competition to help others with colon cancer. I am so inspired watching this and all that I can think of as I watch her is "10 years, 10 years, 10 years. Looks great and still going strong. Still fighting, and still fighting to help others! God please let me have 10 years of survival and I will see what I can do for others too."

K1
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    k1 said:

Famous People
    That just isn't true that we only hear about the ones that are gone -- if you want to see a famous person who has been surviving post colon cancer and post chemo for 10 years all you have to do is tune in to the second episode of Celebrity Apprentice tonight to see Sharon Osbourne compete to win money for the charity foundation she created to help other colon cancer victims and family. She rocks! I have never been interested in Celebrity Apprentice before, and now I can't wait to tune in o Sunday night and see this gutsy woman cc survivor in this cutthroat competition to help others with colon cancer. I am so inspired watching this and all that I can think of as I watch her is "10 years, 10 years, 10 years. Looks great and still going strong. Still fighting, and still fighting to help others! God please let me have 10 years of survival and I will see what I can do for others too."

K1

7 years, not 10
    Sharon was dx'd in 2002 and completed chemo in 2003. That's 7 years, not 10, but HEY! Good for her!
    The show began airing in early 2002, and when, in July 2002, Osbourne was diagnosed with cancer, she insisted that filming should continue.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    It was on the news here in The Netherlands, too....
    WHAT a brave lady!!! I am proud to claim a relationship with her, even if it must be cancer!!

The CNN reporters were crestfallen last night....she had experienced so much..

On the other hand, it furthers the fact that WOMEN can get colon cancer, as well!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    geotina said:

Famous People

Every bit helps....It DOES make a difference!!!
    Even if only one person gets a colon problem checked out, and their life is saved...

Sort of like grains of sand on the beach...ultimately, the cliffs wear away...

Hugs, Kathi
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    k1 said:

Famous People

K1

Sharon Osborne
    I sure would like to see Sharon Osborne be the "face" of colon cancer like Michael J. Fox is with Parkinsons and Lance is with Testicular Cancer, those 2 have raised millions for research but at least Sharon is using her celebrity to do something to raise awareness. Tina