Growing my hair back since chemo -- have fun with it!

Options
2»

Comments

• laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Traci
    Post some pictures of you "Demented and Deranged" hair. I'd love to get ideas when mine gets long enough.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    laurissa said:

Traci
    Post some pictures of you "Demented and Deranged" hair. I'd love to get ideas when mine gets long enough.

Hey cousin Traci I cAnt wait
    Hey cousin Traci I cAnt wait till I can goo some real hair. I agree with Laurissa post some photos of the new do's.

I'll look forward to hearing all about your celebration party. If I lived closer, I'd attend with bells on my toes. It's so exciting to hear about the celebrations.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Hair loss
    Hi Traci,
    Love your ideas! I have one problem....my hair is about a 1/2 inch now but it's soooo curly!
    I want to spike it, but it's in ringlets. I have to gel it down. LOL
    Anyone else have theirs coming in curly?
    Not complaining though, it's great to have hair and it is fun to try and style it from scratch.
    Keep up the great attitude.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I can relate Traci. I
    I can relate Traci. I finished with chemo in January and mine is growing back too. Right now it's a cross between Freddie Mercury( Queen) and Mia Farrow. Once it grows a little longer, I plan to do away with the wig and take to wearing chandelier earrings! How fabulous is that! Take care.
    BL
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

I can relate Traci. I
    I can relate Traci. I finished with chemo in January and mine is growing back too. Right now it's a cross between Freddie Mercury( Queen) and Mia Farrow. Once it grows a little longer, I plan to do away with the wig and take to wearing chandelier earrings! How fabulous is that! Take care.
    BL

I wish I had the guts to
    I wish I had the guts to walk around with out my hat. I still can't bring myself to uncover. My hair is about an inch long now. I think its coming in straight. Well it's straight now. It's white and gray. That I will color soon. Traci, your amazing.
  • Darling
    Darling Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hair loss
    Hi Traci,
    Love your ideas! I have one problem....my hair is about a 1/2 inch now but it's soooo curly!
    Not complaining though, it's great to have hair and it is fun to try and style it from scratch.

CURLY=)
    Traci I do the same w/my hair i always wondered what I'd look like w/the spike look,well i found out,everyone always tells me they love my haircut,lol,then I say Thanks & im just thankful 2 have hair again=)...The more my hair grows the curlier it gets & its jet black,I was a dirty blonde my whole life until now=) My daughters have walked the Relay 4 Life & rocked the pink tips last year in honor of me last summer,something most parents would not allow but I was proud of them even if pep criticized me or them we knew what it stood 4,so maybe this year I will walk more than 1 hour & rock some black hair w/pink tips=)
  • Darling
    Darling Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hair loss
    Hi Traci,

CURLY=)
    Traci I do the same w/my hair i always wondered what I'd look like w/the spike look,well i found out,everyone always tells me they love my haircut,lol,then I say Thanks & im just thankful 2 have hair again=)...The more my hair grows the curlier it gets & its jet black,I was a dirty blonde my whole life until now=) My daughters have walked the Relay 4 Life & rocked the pink tips last year in honor of me last summer,something most parents would not allow but I was proud of them even if pep criticized me or them we knew what it stood 4,so maybe this year I will walk more than 1 hour & rock some black hair w/pink tips=)
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

I wish I had the guts to
    I wish I had the guts to walk around with out my hat. I still can't bring myself to uncover. My hair is about an inch long now. I think its coming in straight. Well it's straight now. It's white and gray. That I will color soon. Traci, your amazing.

Kat, I just read your bio
    Kat, I just read your bio and we're in the same age group. I, too, was hesitant to shed my scarves and ball caps. I never wore anything at home and plenty of family and friends had seen me "naked". It was finally 3 months out from chemo and my hair was about one inch long, it was also salt and pepper (more salt than pepper)and I went by my hairdresser's salon to ask about color. We made an appointment for the next week and once the color was done, I shed the covers. The first time was the worst for me. But, I got many, many comments on how good my hair looked and how good I looked in short hair. I'm not sure about the truth in all that but it did give me the confidence I needed. That was around 6 weeks ago and I have to say I love the freedom. When you are ready, take the plunge, you'll be glad you did. Good luck!!
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Darling said:

CURLY=)

Black hair w/ pink tips -- rock it, girl!
    Darling, my hair is light brown -- even though the pink tips look cool, you'd be able to rock them so much better than me with your black hair! DO IT, girl!

And, if you're seriously saying that people criticized your daughters for doing something fun and harmless to honor you while walking the Relay for Life last year -- please give me their addresses, so I can go to their houses and SLAP them! I hope someday, when someone THEY love is diagnosed with cancer, they'll take some time out from judging and criticizing other people to realize what's really important in life.

Hmph.

Traci
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Kat, I just read your bio
    Kat, I just read your bio and we're in the same age group. I, too, was hesitant to shed my scarves and ball caps. I never wore anything at home and plenty of family and friends had seen me "naked". It was finally 3 months out from chemo and my hair was about one inch long, it was also salt and pepper (more salt than pepper)and I went by my hairdresser's salon to ask about color. We made an appointment for the next week and once the color was done, I shed the covers. The first time was the worst for me. But, I got many, many comments on how good my hair looked and how good I looked in short hair. I'm not sure about the truth in all that but it did give me the confidence I needed. That was around 6 weeks ago and I have to say I love the freedom. When you are ready, take the plunge, you'll be glad you did. Good luck!!

Traci, I just got my laugh
    Traci, I just got my laugh for the day. You girls seem to be having so much fun with your hair. It must be great to have hair back after losing it all. So far I haven't had chemo so maybe I won't experience hair loss the same way, but I've had hair loss in the past due to meds I was on and know what its like to wear a wig. I think you would be a big hit anywhere with pink spiked hair and I look forward to seeing your pink fringed pics. Enjoy this time with your hair and continue to share with the rest of us.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Traci, I just got my laugh
    Traci, I just got my laugh for the day. You girls seem to be having so much fun with your hair. It must be great to have hair back after losing it all. So far I haven't had chemo so maybe I won't experience hair loss the same way, but I've had hair loss in the past due to meds I was on and know what its like to wear a wig. I think you would be a big hit anywhere with pink spiked hair and I look forward to seeing your pink fringed pics. Enjoy this time with your hair and continue to share with the rest of us.

Hair
    After being bald it is rather exciting to see what the stuff looks like when it starts to grow back. As mine grew back I guess I got a big spoiled (LAZY!) because I loved not having to blow it dry ... use the curling iron etc. I didn't even need a comb or brush. I loved the low-maintenance of it all and made the decision to keep the VERY short "do." My hairdresser loves it because I used to be so concerned about her cutting it too short ... now I just tell her cut it as short as she wants and the shorter the better as far as I'm concerned. My hair is gray and I'm going for the look of Jamie Lee Curtis in those Activa commercials. :-)

hugs.
    teena