Arimidex, a good story :)

Options
j916
j916 Member Posts: 141
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I haven't posted in awhile...but i just had to report the recent turn of events in my journey...
I was on tomax for about 8 months after chemo (had single mastectomy), had my ovaries removed, and started arimidex a month after surgery…I will tell you i was so afraid to start it…I had hurt SO BAD on tamox..i felt like a crippled 90 year old woman, seemed like the pain was worse than chemo or the nulasta shot pain, gradually got about 10% better over time, but still life altering..and when my onc told me that the side effects would start from square one with the arimidex, i admit, i buckled into tears. BUT…i am here to report, i have never felt better. I have told my friends that i now feel better than before i got breast cancer. I have more energy, my sex drive is normal, the dryness they talk about has not occurred, even tho i do take steps with lubricant so as to not cause problems just in case…i do have a tad of joint pain, but think i could still have some residual from either the chemo or tomax…i am able to go back to the gym, my fatigue is all but gone…i’ve gone back to the paleo eating that helped me so much, and i now have to find a life to keep up with myself LOL. I say this because i hope it will give hope to anyone that is suffering. I know the side effects are different for everyone, and i hope and pray that any side effects you are having will diminish over time, and you will be able to enjoy your survival to it’s fullest.
much love and health to us all..
jeanne

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Jeanne, thanks for sharing
    Jeanne, thanks for sharing your "positive" words. It's always rewarding to help those on this site with encouraging words or knowledge but it's also wonderful to just read positive news from our fellow pink sisters. I, too, am on Arimidex and have not experienced any "bad" side effects (knocking on wood) so far. I'm encouraged and hoping for just the "good" effects you speak of. Continue to post and best of luck on your remaining term of Arimidex.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Jeanne, thanks for sharing
    Jeanne, thanks for sharing your "positive" words. It's always rewarding to help those on this site with encouraging words or knowledge but it's also wonderful to just read positive news from our fellow pink sisters. I, too, am on Arimidex and have not experienced any "bad" side effects (knocking on wood) so far. I'm encouraged and hoping for just the "good" effects you speak of. Continue to post and best of luck on your remaining term of Arimidex.

Thanks for the news
    Jeanne,
    Thank you for uplifting story and congratulations on your complete recovery. I have a question: did you start from Tamoxifen, and then had ovary removal surgery and Arimidex, or you did go directly to surgery and Arimidex?
    Wishing you the best,
    New Flower
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hello, jeanne!
    So nice to find you here! And so glad for all your good news!

Although we are all unique, and respond differently to treatments/meds/etc. - there is ALWAYS hope.

Best wishes to you, for continued good health. :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    Music to My Ears
    Jeanne,

I am so happy that you posted. How you are doing on Arimidex is music to my ears!
    Today I took my first pill - Arimidex. I'm 69 years old. Very healthy and very active. I have a friend who was on Arimidex (she is in her 50's) and completed 5 years without any side affects.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle