BC, BRCA1, Pnumonia????

hward2007
hward2007 Member Posts: 62
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am BRCA1,triple neg, Breast Cancer..Last Chemo July 8th 2008. I have been dx with pnumonia while taking care of my daughter who had strep in the hospital. I was told it was questionable pnumonia and to call my oncon for a consult. I want to know what the difference between how pnumonia looks & cancer looks on a chest x-ray. Not even the Dr. would tell me at the hospital. Any help would be great!

Anxiously Waiting

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Sorry
    As far as I understand PET Scan can differentiate pneumonia from cancer. Probably your oncologist will order additional tests. Do not worry before being examined by your doc and see what your oncologist's opinion is. I will pray that your and what additional tests will show nothing serious and you continue your recovery after treatment.
    Wishing you the best,
    New Flower
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Sorry
    As far as I understand PET Scan can differentiate pneumonia from cancer. Probably your oncologist will order additional tests. Do not worry before being examined by your doc and see what your oncologist's opinion is. I will pray that your and what additional tests will show nothing serious and you continue your recovery after treatment.
    Wishing you the best,
    New Flower

I dont know but am wishing
    I dont know but am wishing you the best!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Sorry
    Wishing you the best,
    New Flower

I dont know but am wishing
    I dont know but am wishing you the best!
  • hward2007
    hward2007 Member Posts: 62

Sorry
    Wishing you the best,
    New Flower

Thank you!
    I hate asking questions I know the answer too. My surgical oncon is great, I emailed him my concern and he set me appt. for the end of the month and wants me to bring my xrays so I can go over them, I trust his judgement 100%!!! But now my mother who is a cancer suviover is getting nervous.

Thank you,
    hward