Question about neuropathy

Options
kathyDDD
kathyDDD Member Posts: 34
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am hoping that someone can address this. I have been on Taxol for 12 weeks and have some tingling in my hands. I have been taking B6 per my nurse practioner's suggestion, and it has helped. However, over the past two weeks, the left side of my chin and bottom lip has been numb. It feels like novocaine after getting a tooth filled. Ocassionally my left ear will pop too. I am really afraid I am going to bite through the left half of my lip and not feel it. Has anyone dealt with this? Or is it not related to the cancer/treatment at all? I would really appreciate any input.

Thsnks,
Kathy

Comments

• Kathy09
    Kathy09 Member Posts: 99
    Options
    chemo
    I was on taxotere and I had the same feeling, I finished in Oct 09 and still have some popping, my eyes have been messed up since August. Just found out today I have blocked tear ducts pretty bad, couldn't fix in office (pain it caused me) So I have to go back and get put under. My thumb and first two fingers got it the worst with nails bad and pain. I could'nt even unbucklle my seatbelt I got so bad. The onc. finally cut back on the drugs. I was getting so bad I told the onc the chemo was going to kill me. I had lost 10 pounds I don't know if that was taking into consideration when the dose was given.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Neuropathy
    Neuropathy is normal with most chemo drugs. Sometimes it gets really bad for some people and sometimes it is not too bad and the symptoms go away. I had neuropathy for two weeks after chemo and then it would go away. I was pretty fortunate. Others are not and even have trouble walking. Sometimes this doesn't go away completely. My nails turned blackish purple too.

I wish you well.

P
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Neuropathy
    Neuropathy is normal with most chemo drugs. Sometimes it gets really bad for some people and sometimes it is not too bad and the symptoms go away. I had neuropathy for two weeks after chemo and then it would go away. I was pretty fortunate. Others are not and even have trouble walking. Sometimes this doesn't go away completely. My nails turned blackish purple too.

I wish you well.

P

I have Pn. hands and feet,
    I have Pn. hands and feet, numb yet sensative. I have pain when I walk, and they feel like I am walking on pillows. slight improvement in pain level. one side is worse than the other. I used to feel like a trickle of sweat, or a bug was on my face but nothing was there. that has prety much stopped. I also had problems with eyesight, lubricating drops have helped, but the neuropathy part went away.When looking at patterns I saw fuzzy areas. I am hopeful it will get better dont know if it will totally though. i also have been going to PT and this is helping me with my coordination as the PN is making me unsteady.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    carkris said:

I have Pn. hands and feet,
    I have Pn. hands and feet, numb yet sensative. I have pain when I walk, and they feel like I am walking on pillows. slight improvement in pain level. one side is worse than the other. I used to feel like a trickle of sweat, or a bug was on my face but nothing was there. that has prety much stopped. I also had problems with eyesight, lubricating drops have helped, but the neuropathy part went away.When looking at patterns I saw fuzzy areas. I am hopeful it will get better dont know if it will totally though. i also have been going to PT and this is helping me with my coordination as the PN is making me unsteady.

I Wish You Well
    I wish you well. I am glad they are doing all they can to help you with this. Keep you PT appointments. I am sure it will get better.

P
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

I Wish You Well
    I wish you well. I am glad they are doing all they can to help you with this. Keep you PT appointments. I am sure it will get better.

P

thank you I have seen some
    thank you I have seen some improvement. Just glad the eyes cleared up.