Those on Xeloda:Have you noticed changes in your finger tips?

Options
2»

Comments

• Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    bigCrandy said:

no more xeloda for me
    I was on 5fu-IV for a total of 18 months. The cancer came back with mets to lungs so I chose xeloda over the pump. Big mistake for me. After 9 days of 4,000mg a day, I could not take it any longer and the onc told me to stop. My feet were a little sore felt like blisters on my heels, not too bad. But my hands and mouth were horrible. The palms of my hands felt like I burned them on a hot grill, red, swollen, couldn't use them for anything. My mouth was like it had been scalded by hot water with white blisters on my bottom lip. Looks like I'll be back on the pump soon. It's been over a week since I stopped taking the xeloda and my hands and mouth are still very bad. I'm losing weight because I can't hardly eat anything due to discomfort of mouth and lip. I guess everyone is different when it comes to chemo and side effects. Hope yours goes better, God Bless, Randy

Randy
    I had the same mouth blisters while on 5-FU. My doc wrote a prescription for Magic Mouthwash and it worked wonders for me. I started out on 3,300 mg Xeloda, was lowered to 3,000 mg when I got the foot burning, and now I am on 2,000 mg and I'm happy to say that the only thing I have to report this next visit will be eternal fatigue.

My hands were red,swollen,itching and burning like fire ant bites while on 5-FU. Now they are red, swollen like a baseball glove, but not burning. You are so right.Everyone is different.

Please try the Magic Mouthwash...it can be compounded at any pharmacy and only cost me out of pocket $24.00 for a very large bottle.

-Pat
  • KATE58
    KATE58 Member Posts: 299
    Options
    Jaylo969 said:

Randy
    I had the same mouth blisters while on 5-FU. My doc wrote a prescription for Magic Mouthwash and it worked wonders for me. I started out on 3,300 mg Xeloda, was lowered to 3,000 mg when I got the foot burning, and now I am on 2,000 mg and I'm happy to say that the only thing I have to report this next visit will be eternal fatigue.

My hands were red,swollen,itching and burning like fire ant bites while on 5-FU. Now they are red, swollen like a baseball glove, but not burning. You are so right.Everyone is different.

Please try the Magic Mouthwash...it can be compounded at any pharmacy and only cost me out of pocket $24.00 for a very large bottle.

-Pat

I used to get my xeloda at
    I used to get my xeloda at the local cvs,
    but now I am on medicare they will only pay for it if you get it
    at one particular pharmacy by fed-ex delivery (acreddo pharmacy/health group in Memphis )
    I guess they made some deal on price.I don't pay a cent.
    the skin on my hands get dry and rough,the callouses on my feet peeled of and my feet are as soft as anewborn baby's
    I tried different creams ,the one that worked best for me was Burt's Bees Coconut foot cream.slather it on at bedtime put on a pair of socks,ssoft feet in morning.