CHEMO BOSTON

Weezie2010
Weezie2010 Member Posts: 11
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone on these boards received treatment at Dana Farber in Boston? Can you share your experience? I am finally in touch with someone who went to the local hospital and will talk to her today, this is the final question before i decide between the two. went to the local hospital for my chemo teach last friday, really just threw me off, i think it was just the one person though. going to dana farber one more time today. now they say treatment would not be the same as local onc. I am really starting to panic, i know it is to get this beast out of my body, but i am terrified. - it has been 6 wks since surgery, i know i don't have forever!

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Weezie, some women at
    Weezie, some women at youngsurvivors.org have been treated at Dana Farber. I understand your panic--experienced it myself between surgery and chemo, and at a lesser level between chemo and radiation. With triple negative bc, I was just as anxious to get everything started as quickly as possible.

Frankly, I could only dream of the opportunity to be seen at Dana Farber. Eric Weiner is there, I believe. He and Beth Carey from UNC are leading researchers on tnbc. Still, it must be an agonizing decision to make when different chemo regimens are suggested. All you can do is what you have done: do your homework, and get second (or more!) opinions from trusted sources before making a choice. I bet in your heart and mind you are leaning toward one of the suggested treatments. In the absence of compelling evidence for one or the other, go with your instincts and practical considerations such as logistics, comfort,etc.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Maybe you can look at it as being blessed to have choices and access to world-renowned physicians and hospitals. Whatever you decide, it will be the right choice for you at this time.

My best to you, Weezie.
  • Weezie2010
    Weezie2010 Member Posts: 11
    Moopy23 said:

Weezie, some women at
    Weezie, some women at youngsurvivors.org have been treated at Dana Farber. I understand your panic--experienced it myself between surgery and chemo, and at a lesser level between chemo and radiation. With triple negative bc, I was just as anxious to get everything started as quickly as possible.

Frankly, I could only dream of the opportunity to be seen at Dana Farber. Eric Weiner is there, I believe. He and Beth Carey from UNC are leading researchers on tnbc. Still, it must be an agonizing decision to make when different chemo regimens are suggested. All you can do is what you have done: do your homework, and get second (or more!) opinions from trusted sources before making a choice. I bet in your heart and mind you are leaning toward one of the suggested treatments. In the absence of compelling evidence for one or the other, go with your instincts and practical considerations such as logistics, comfort,etc.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Maybe you can look at it as being blessed to have choices and access to world-renowned physicians and hospitals. Whatever you decide, it will be the right choice for you at this time.

My best to you, Weezie.

Moopy
    your post just touched me, i just got back from boston, you are right, i am leaning toward one more than the other, i know this is a process and it sure helps to hear from people like you to help me sort it out. i am so exhausted right now, i cant imagine being any more fatigued from chemo. I am blessed to have choices and people to help me along the way. Thank you! hugs and prayers
    Weezie
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member

Moopy
    your post just touched me, i just got back from boston, you are right, i am leaning toward one more than the other, i know this is a process and it sure helps to hear from people like you to help me sort it out. i am so exhausted right now, i cant imagine being any more fatigued from chemo. I am blessed to have choices and people to help me along the way. Thank you! hugs and prayers
    Weezie

You're welcome, and thank
    You're welcome, and thank you for posting. I was thinking of you and your trip today. I'm glad you are home and resting and glad that I could be of help.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Moopy23 said:

You're welcome, and thank
    You're welcome, and thank you for posting. I was thinking of you and your trip today. I'm glad you are home and resting and glad that I could be of help.

I am going to receive
    I am going to receive radiation therapy at Dana Farber. My medical onc is at Beth israel, but my breast surgeon just moved to Brigham and womens from BI. I am considering changing to Dana Farber, have already had my chemo, had a second opinion at Dana Farber-same chemo, you can PM me if you want and we can talk furthur.