Chemo was canceled this week

Options
azgrandma
azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
platelets ar down to 25, they will not give me any more until they come back up.
this is depressing, this is third time this has happened, but this is thte lowest it has gone

Comments

• catcan
    catcan Member Posts: 119
    Options
    Hang in there
    Stay positive I know it has to be frustrating not to be able to get chemo but those platelets will come back. Praying for you

Hugs

Cat
  • Barbara53
    Barbara53 Member Posts: 652
    Options
    maybe you got what you need
    Maybe your body has all the chemo it needs right now. All you can do is your best, and you're sure doing that. And just because chemo doesn't go according to plan does not mean you won't get better. Enjoy your break!
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    kind of the norm
    If misery likes company ... :-) ... that happens to me all the time and once they start coming up they pop up pretty fast. Enjoy the extra time between chemo. Hugs Bonnie
  • azgrandma
    Options
    BonnieR said:

kind of the norm
    If misery likes company ... :-) ... that happens to me all the time and once they start coming up they pop up pretty fast. Enjoy the extra time between chemo. Hugs Bonnie

can it make yu weak
    when they are liow can t make you out of breath to do things strenious like bending over wealking etc.
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Blessing to you
    I think the blood counts just give us extra time to recover. I went from Jan. 6 to March 12 without chemo and my CA125 only went from 158 to 162. So I wouldn't be depressed because, a pause of a week or two won't hurt and might make you stronger. Saundra
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    azgrandma said:

can it make yu weak
    when they are liow can t make you out of breath to do things strenious like bending over wealking etc.

yes it does
    your blood carries oxygen to give you the energy needed, I get real short of breath when my counts are low. The past several days I have stopped when walking to catch my breath.
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    Hi,
    I went through this

Hi,

I went through this too.

Your body just needs a rest so I wouldn't worry too much and just let your body heal
    while it has the chance. Remember these treatments bombard our bodies and takes a lot
    out of us.

So just enjoy the break and give your body time to be strong when you resume your
    treatments.

Sharon
  • azgrandma
    Options

Hi,
    I went through this

Hi,

I went through this too.

Your body just needs a rest so I wouldn't worry too much and just let your body heal
    while it has the chance. Remember these treatments bombard our bodies and takes a lot
    out of us.

So just enjoy the break and give your body time to be strong when you resume your
    treatments.

Sharon

my ca 125 went down
    it is down to 10 now
  • leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    azgrandma said:

my ca 125 went down
    it is down to 10 now

WOOHOO!
    Congratulations! ;)