Hello everyone,no wig and feeling better.

Options
ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just wanted to say hi.I am doing great to you that know me from this sight.I have been going with out a wig or hat now for two weeks.I can style it a little now.I been on my diet for a month now.I thank all you kind hearts for helping me get through some of the darkest days of my life with BC.I read your post and try to answer some of them.I don,t have much to post about. I am feeling much better.To you new ones,i am here to tell you them days you think you can not get through it,you will.Their is the most kindest people on this sight to help.God Bless you all.Pat.

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better
    and that your hair has grown out enough that you are comfortable going without a wig or hat. Cannot wait till I am there. My hair is now abot 1/4 of an inch long. I know cause I measured it with a ruler.

Sending hugs your way

Donna
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

and that your hair has grown out enough that you are comfortable going without a wig or hat. Cannot wait till I am there. My hair is now abot 1/4 of an inch long. I know cause I measured it with a ruler.

Sending hugs your way

Donna

Pat, thanks for letting us
    Pat, thanks for letting us know what's going on. We celebrate each little success and not having to wear a wig or scarf is a biggie. Keep on chugging along and post when you can. And thanks for cheering us on.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options

Sending hugs your way

Donna

Funny!
    Donna -

Your comment about measuring with a ruler made me laugh out loud! I don't have any hair growing back yet, but that is so something I would do!

Thanks for sharing.

Pat - So glad you're feeling better. You are so right about the wonderful people on this website. I don't know what I'd have done without all of them/you!

Take care,
    Cindy
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Awesome
    I am happy for you. Best wishes and continued good health.

P
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Pat
    Glad your hair is back...send me some of it! I can't wait til mine is back too. It's like a 5 o'clock shadow right now. I'm glad you're feeling better.
  • blazytracy
    blazytracy Member Posts: 157
    Options
    You are awesome!
    That is great Pat!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! I am still wearing my wig at work, which I know I will be for at LEAST another 6 mos!! hahahaha, I am a chicken I guess. I wear a stocking hat at home, and sleep "naked" hahahaha.. I am glad you posted, I haven't been on here much lately but it is good to hear from YOU! Take good care of yourself, ok?
    Tracy
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

You are awesome!
    That is great Pat!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! I am still wearing my wig at work, which I know I will be for at LEAST another 6 mos!! hahahaha, I am a chicken I guess. I wear a stocking hat at home, and sleep "naked" hahahaha.. I am glad you posted, I haven't been on here much lately but it is good to hear from YOU! Take good care of yourself, ok?
    Tracy

Good news!
    Pat , I am glad you are doing well. Give yourself another 3 weeks and you are going to love your new hair. Is it cute?
    I am still having a very short hair cut and everybody loves it.
    Take care of yourself and stay in touch,
    New Flower
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Hi Pat
    I'm so glad you are doing well! I bet your hair is adorable! Isn't it fun to try and style it a bit now?

Donna....too funny! I thought about measuring mine, too! I think mine is about 2-3 inches now. Last chemo 10/09.
  • Sharon_D
    Sharon_D Member Posts: 55
    Options
    pattimc said:

Hi Pat
    I'm so glad you are doing well! I bet your hair is adorable! Isn't it fun to try and style it a bit now?

Donna....too funny! I thought about measuring mine, too! I think mine is about 2-3 inches now. Last chemo 10/09.

Donna
    Hey, I went to the mirror and measured mine and it's 1/4" long too!!! Instead of standing next to the door facing and measuring our kids, we can start standing in front of a mirror and measuring our hair!

I just want enough that I don't get my head sunburned when we go to Florida mid-May!

Oh, as we get to do something for fun tonight. No, not a dr appointment or MRI or even a blood test. We are going to get all dressed up and go to a banquet!! JUST BECAUSE WE WANT TO!!

First time since July and I'm looking sooooooooooooooo forward to it!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Good news Pat.
    Good news Pat. Congratualtions also on the diet. Wishing you the best. Thanks for the update.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Good news Pat.
    Good news Pat. Congratualtions also on the diet. Wishing you the best. Thanks for the update.

congratualtions to all on
    congratualtions to all on their hair growth. I did not see much growth and then all the sudden I am seeing more. and much more quickly. so hopefully I will be able to measure soon. I am more the 5 oclock shadow. and some fuzz. finished jan 21. I am a slow grower anyway.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Pat, thanks for letting us
    Pat, thanks for letting us know what's going on. We celebrate each little success and not having to wear a wig or scarf is a biggie. Keep on chugging along and post when you can. And thanks for cheering us on.

So happy for you Pat! Glad
    So happy for you Pat! Glad that you are feeling better!

Hugs, Debby
  • Jacque101
    Jacque101 Member Posts: 75
    Options

Sending hugs your way

Donna

That is too funny...
    That is too cute. I can see myself measuring w/ a ruler too. Wouldn't that make the funniest picture. Too bad I don't have hair because I'd take a picture of myself measuring. Nah, I wouldn't do that...I still have a hard time looking at myself in the mirror. I did buzz my hair w/ the dog clippers because I got desperate when it started to come out. I'm mid-way thru chemo and the only good thing I can say about being bald...it doesn't take long to shower. Jacki
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Pat, I don't think I have
    Pat, I don't think I have congratulated you yet on this accomplishment. All I can say is, isn't it grand!! I was so over the scarves, hats, etc. Enjoy your new freedom!!!