what are the risks with pregnancy post hodgkins disease

cargie49
cargie49 Member Posts: 5
Hi
I have never posted before, I has hodgkins disease at age 11 in 1981, age 18 in 1989 , at age 28 in 1998 , I had and radiation to my groin area in 1981, and ABVD in 1989 and 1998 followed by a peripheral stem cell transplant, then in 2003 i had stage 1A ovarian cancer treated successfully by surgery , totally not related to the hodgkins. Now 11 years out I am wondering if I should consider trying for egg donation to try to get pregnant.... i would be TERRIFIED of a reoccurance , never mind all that comes with a pregnancy...i feel since the transplant that my body is in balance and would be v v v afraid to upset that, yet I yearn for a child, we have adopted a child already who I love dearly after many many years of being processed.
Can anybody give some advice please.. has anybody had experience of a pregnancy after a stem cell transplant

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • cargie49
    cargie49 Member Posts: 5
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

thanks
    Hi Kay
    thanks for replying, yes I was thinking along those lines myself, our son is so precious that i would be TERRIFIED to cause anything that could upset things now,
    thanks for the advice
    all the best
  • cargie49 said:

thanks
    Hi Kay
    thanks for replying, yes I was thinking along those lines myself, our son is so precious that i would be TERRIFIED to cause anything that could upset things now,
    thanks for the advice
    all the best

This comment has been removed by the Moderator