Reporting in

Options
saundra
saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I saw my gyn/onc today and my CA-125 was 162 not much higher than the end of Jan. at 158 so I thought that to be good news since I have not had chemo since Jan. 6th. I will get my second dose of Doxil Friday and he warned me that the CA-125 usually goes up for awhile on Doxil. He concurs that I should have this mis-shapened sigmoid colon taken care of to prevent the diverticulitis attacks. Will wait and see what the colonoscopy shows. They may not be able to remove the cancerous lymph nodes in the area, however, due to the numerous blood vessels nearby that may be too involved. It will be a "look and see" for the gyn/onc surgeon looking on should I have it done. Saundra

Comments

• nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    good luck
    Did you have your colonoscopy yet? Good luck with the colon issues. Doxil can make your ca125 go up. I can attest to that! Mine jumped after the first dose and is now steadily coming down.
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Hugs ♥ Prayers
    Hi Saundra, You doc is right about the doxil, it took 3 doses for mine to go down, but then it continued to drop until it went low enough to allow me a chemo break. I continue to lift you prayer, for treatment, health and decisions. Let us know how the colonoscopy goes.

Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    nancy591 said:

good luck
    Did you have your colonoscopy yet? Good luck with the colon issues. Doxil can make your ca125 go up. I can attest to that! Mine jumped after the first dose and is now steadily coming down.

Schedule
    It's scheduled for April 9th, a month away. Waiting game time..Saundra