Double mastectomy scheduled for 3/16.

Options
2»

Comments

• Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Good luck today
    You will be in my prayers. Please post when you can and let us know how you're doing.

Take care and make sure to rest.
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Best of luck today
    Best of luck today youngnana!! Post as soon as you are able.
    Mountains of Love and Big Cyber Hugs
    ~Kari
  • tambow
    tambow Member Posts: 42
    Options
    ealong1 said:

I remember that blur. I had
    I remember that blur. I had a single mastectomy last year. Found a book after the fact, Why I Wore Lipstick To My Mastectomy. I loved this book. It was so wonderful to know that someone could relate. It was at my library. It's a short read. I don't remember the author, though. You'll do great. My prayers are with you. Beth

I'm reading it now: Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy by Geralyn Lucas. They aso did a made for TV movie, but I haven't been able to find the DVD yet. Reading this thread closely as I am also in a blur as I'm Awaiting my date for Bilateral mastectomy on March 25th. Will be thinking of you Youngnana!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

Best of luck today
    Best of luck today youngnana!! Post as soon as you are able.
    Mountains of Love and Big Cyber Hugs
    ~Kari

Karen, thinking and praying
    Karen, thinking and praying for you and hope the surgery is over for you tonight. Cry, do whatever you feel like. You've had others give you wonderful advice and I haven't been there. My masectomy is scheduled for April, so I want to hear how you're doing as I'll be going thru the same thing in a few weeks. Take good care of yourself and hope you heal up quickly. Prayers and hugs coming your way.
  • Youcandothis
    Youcandothis Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Karen, thinking and praying for you and hope the surgery is over for you tonight. Cry, do whatever you feel like. You've had others give you wonderful advice and I haven't been there. My masectomy is scheduled for April, so I want to hear how you're doing as I'll be going thru the same thing in a few weeks. Take good care of yourself and hope you heal up quickly. Prayers and hugs coming your way.

Thinking of you and praying
    that things have gone smoothly. Every time you empty the dratted drain you are emptying the invader out of your body. Let us know how you're doing!
  • tally
    tally Member Posts: 48
    Options
    youngnana said:

Thanks so much for the well
    Thanks so much for the well wishes. I am so relieved to be able to talk with other women who have gone through this, and are so aware of just how I feel. This has been a blessing. I dont know anyone, no friends or relatives who have made these choices. I find myself feeling like I have to be strong, even when I feel so uncertain. If I falter even just a little, my family falters also, they take their clue from me. I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago, stage 1. I cried much of that first day. Then, made the rounds of doctors and plastic surgeon, and now the waiting this last week for the surgery is difficult. I find my mind wandering, always back to this, and not sleeping well. I have anxiety about the outcome of the sentinal node biopsy, and have such a fear of chemo.

Surgery
    I just read your post. I'm new here also. I am seeing the oncologists this morning for my first visit and can't sleep. I hope your surgery went well. Please know that I understand your feelings as I am having alot of them myself. I am praying for you and your recovery.
    You are not alone.
  • Thinking of you and praying
    that things have gone smoothly. Every time you empty the dratted drain you are emptying the invader out of your body. Let us know how you're doing!

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Praying that you are
    Praying that you are recovering fast and that you will post and update us.

Sue :)