Carboplatin, Taxotere, Herceptin Treatment #4

Options
rrogers34
rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, everyone. I am going for my 4th treatment tomorrow. My treatments are on Tuesday and usually my side effects start Friday. Extremely tired, light headed, heartburn, constipation.
I drink lots of water, take prilosec, dulcolax, for side effects. My legs usually feel like rubber for a few days. I am half way through, can anyone tell me if the side effects get worse or last longer with each treatment? Did anyone get "New Side effects" during treatment?
I will have two more treatments after tomorrow, additional surgery May 14th, then begin radiation. I will be so glad to get this over with. I miss having hair, I have red spots all over my head. Went to see my surgeon and they removed fluid from my breast. I cant wait until I can play with my grandsons and my Great Neices and Nephews. My Dad is not well, they talked about Hospice, but he seems to be getting better. This is a time I so wanted to be there to help him and my Mom. I always get a little anxious with each Chemo. I am at work so I cant say much more. I read postings as often as I can. You are all in my prayers.

God Bless
Becky

Comments

• lizziejane
    lizziejane Member Posts: 69
    Options
    I THINK MY NEW SIDE EFFECTS
    I THINK MY NEW SIDE EFFECTS WERE THAT FOOD REALLY TASTED WORST AND I SEEMED TO GET MORE TIRED WITH EACH TREATMENT. I WAS ON THE SAME DRUGS AS YOU, FINISHED CHEMO JAN. 29TH---NOW, I JUST HAVE HERCEPTIN FOR ANOTHER 10 MONTHS AND IT IS MUCH EASIER.
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    Options

I THINK MY NEW SIDE EFFECTS
    I THINK MY NEW SIDE EFFECTS WERE THAT FOOD REALLY TASTED WORST AND I SEEMED TO GET MORE TIRED WITH EACH TREATMENT. I WAS ON THE SAME DRUGS AS YOU, FINISHED CHEMO JAN. 29TH---NOW, I JUST HAVE HERCEPTIN FOR ANOTHER 10 MONTHS AND IT IS MUCH EASIER.

Did the tiredness last longer?
    Everything tastes like cardboard to me for about a week to 10 days. Did you have radiation?
  • lizziejane
    lizziejane Member Posts: 69
    Options
    rrogers34 said:

Everything tastes like cardboard to me for about a week to 10 days. Did you have radiation?

NO RADIATION---THANK GOD!!
    NO RADIATION---THANK GOD!! AND THE TIREDNESS LASTED ABOUT 8 OR 9 DAYS, IT ONLY LASTED 6 OR 7 DAYS AFTER THE FIRST THREE...I AM SO GLAD THAT PART IS OVER WITH..
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    rrogers34 said:

I was on your cocktail too.
    I was on your cocktail too. It sounds like your good about drinking water. I didn't feel my side effects worsened with each chemo session. I, also, had bouts with constipation, heartburn and chemo mouth. I found yogurt, cottage cheese, baked potatoes and tortillas helped me. My best to you. Hang in there, you'll get through this as I did.
    BL
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    I was only able to take three sessions of TCH
    Switched oncs and chemos after my third session. Just hope the last three sessions are easier for you.

Sending hugs and prayers.

Donna
  • angel46
    angel46 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Chemo Treatment
    I had same treatment finished in Dec. 6x T.C.H. my 4th treatment was the worst for whatever reason! Yogert help so much with acid refl. 2 or 3 cups a day and sub-ling b-12 put it under your tongue when they infuse you, hold it under as long as you can. you can buy it at cvs or walmart lots of drug stores have it. I used it last 2 treatments hardly had any bad taste after that.
  • pscheer
    pscheer Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    side effects
    I finished chemo one month ago. I had the same chemo as you and am continuing the herceptin and started radiation. I had 6 infusions of chemo. I had a lot of side effects but kept remembering that if I told my Dr., or his nurse, they could fix it, and they did. By the 4th infusion I did not get any new side effects. It helped me to write down a few notes about how I felt each day, so on my next chemo when I felt bad, I could look at the notes from the last infusion and see that it was normal and I could also tell what day I would feel better. It's hard to see the finish line from where you are now, but it's there and you will reach it.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

I was on your cocktail too.
    I was on your cocktail too. It sounds like your good about drinking water. I didn't feel my side effects worsened with each chemo session. I, also, had bouts with constipation, heartburn and chemo mouth. I found yogurt, cottage cheese, baked potatoes and tortillas helped me. My best to you. Hang in there, you'll get through this as I did.
    BL

Hoping and praying that your
    Hoping and praying that your side effects get better for you!

Hugs, Debby