Options
2»

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    jackiejhm said:

I'm here
    It is sooo scary. It's all I can do to occupy myself with tasks. Do you know what I mean? Sometimes researching your disease/treatments etc-on your own- on the internet- not the best use of time. Sort your sock drawer, draw something, hug someone, walk, try to laugh at something...It really does help. One itty bitty baby step at a time. That's all any of us can do, really. Oh- and cry whenever you want- you've earned that. We are all here- we all understand. Consider yourself hugged, my dear.

Everything with bc is scary,
    Everything with bc is scary, so, you are not alone in feeling that. Good luck to you and stay strong.

Sue :)
  • arkansasgirl
    arkansasgirl Member Posts: 84
    Options
    TO HEAR THE "C" WORD!!
    Hi

As we all know that is the last thing in the world you want to hear. And yes I felt the
    same way you are feeling. I had both breasts removed 04/09 and did not want reconstruction.
    I have a very rare type of BC which is Matrix Producing carcinoma for which chemo and radiation has no effect. On top of that I also have a subtype of cancer which is
    Triple Negative BC. This one is a very aggressive type cancer which usually returns in
    2 1/2 years which targets the brain, liver, lungs, and bones. Chemo does have effect on it.
    I've taken 6 chemo treatments of the most strongest chemo they could give me. So after all
    this I can say as of FEB 1st I'M CANCER FREE. All I wanted was to get the cancer out of my body. It has been a year now that I was diagnosed and it was the hardest year of my life.
    You have got to keep your head up, stay positive and get an attitude with cancer and cry if you need to. I've always said this THE CANCER WON THE 1ST BATTLE AND I WON THE 2ND BUT THE WAR IS NOT OVER FOR I WILL NOT GIVE UP. If there is any questions I can help you with let me know.
    Have faith that God will take care of you.
    You will be in my prayers
    Arkansasgirl
  • dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    Options

TO HEAR THE "C" WORD!!
    Hi

As we all know that is the last thing in the world you want to hear. And yes I felt the
    same way you are feeling. I had both breasts removed 04/09 and did not want reconstruction.
    I have a very rare type of BC which is Matrix Producing carcinoma for which chemo and radiation has no effect. On top of that I also have a subtype of cancer which is
    Triple Negative BC. This one is a very aggressive type cancer which usually returns in
    2 1/2 years which targets the brain, liver, lungs, and bones. Chemo does have effect on it.
    I've taken 6 chemo treatments of the most strongest chemo they could give me. So after all
    this I can say as of FEB 1st I'M CANCER FREE. All I wanted was to get the cancer out of my body. It has been a year now that I was diagnosed and it was the hardest year of my life.
    You have got to keep your head up, stay positive and get an attitude with cancer and cry if you need to. I've always said this THE CANCER WON THE 1ST BATTLE AND I WON THE 2ND BUT THE WAR IS NOT OVER FOR I WILL NOT GIVE UP. If there is any questions I can help you with let me know.
    Have faith that God will take care of you.
    You will be in my prayers
    Arkansasgirl

inspiring...
    Your words of encouragement and strength are inspiring. Thank you for sharing..
    mk