Emend

Options
Duane61
Duane61 Member Posts: 29
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
I have completed my 4th of 6 chemo treatments. I am still having issues with Stomach nausea, and getting worse. I have tried several meds but found out I was allergic to about the first three we tried, which made it even worse. I am currently on Lorazepam (Antivant)/ 1 mg three times a day and
Anzemet, 100 mg once a day during chemo. They worked at first, but now not so much. They are sugesting a med called "Emend" has anyone been on it or heard of any issues.

Thanks,

Duane61

Comments

• Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Emend
    Hi duane,
    Congrats on completing four rounds! Yes I have heard of this anti nausea med. I have heard that is works very well. I am a caregiver for my dad. He has beat esophageal cancer and is now fighting liver cancer. He uses promethazine. Have you tried ground ginger,or ginger ale? Good luck.
    Tina
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • JaneE2366
    JaneE2366 Member Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Emend
    Duane61
    Husband used Emend for each of his 4 rounds of chemo. He was only allowed 1 pill every 24 hrs for the first 3 days of his chemo.....he rounds of chemo consisted of 120 continuous hours. It was a cure all for him but it definitely helped. Good luck to you.
    Jane
  • Betty in Vegas
    Betty in Vegas Member Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    JaneE2366 said:

Emend
    Duane61
    Husband used Emend for each of his 4 rounds of chemo. He was only allowed 1 pill every 24 hrs for the first 3 days of his chemo.....he rounds of chemo consisted of 120 continuous hours. It was a cure all for him but it definitely helped. Good luck to you.
    Jane

Layne does the three pill pack of emend.
    and it helps quite a bit. No side effects at all that we have noticed. Noticable improvement in the sickness though.
  • Duane61
    Options

Emend
    Hi duane,
    Congrats on completing four rounds! Yes I have heard of this anti nausea med. I have heard that is works very well. I am a caregiver for my dad. He has beat esophageal cancer and is now fighting liver cancer. He uses promethazine. Have you tried ground ginger,or ginger ale? Good luck.
    Tina

Thanks for the info. I have
    Thanks for the info. I have tried Ginger, but did not work for me.

Duane
  • Duane61
    Options
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone for the input on Emend. I will bring it up next Doctor visit and see what he says.

Duane