Options
2»

Comments

• Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi Mar
    Good wishes and prayers for good test results.

Laurissa
    Great to see you're back! Thanks for the wishes!! How are you feeling?
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

Laurissa
    Great to see you're back! Thanks for the wishes!! How are you feeling?

best wishes for good
    best wishes for good results. I too said a prayer over and over, hated the MRI was driving myself so did not want to take meds. If I had one again I would though.
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    carkris said:

best wishes for good
    best wishes for good results. I too said a prayer over and over, hated the MRI was driving myself so did not want to take meds. If I had one again I would though.

Apat, I wanted to welcome
    Apat, I wanted to welcome you to the site and hope that we can be helpful to you as you go through this journey. I had a bilateral mastectomy and free flap reconstruction (using abdominal tissue and fat to create breasts with the blood supply reconnected under the arms). The plastic surgeons don't like you to have mammograms after this surgery, because the pressure can impact the blood supply. But, my breast surgeon is scheduling me to have MRI's each year or two (one coming up on Monday). Also, my oncologist has done CT scans of the chest area each six months, to make sure there's no spread to the lymph nodes. My mastectomy was only a year ago, so I'm sure that as time passes, I won't have some of these tests (and office visits) so frequently.

Joyce
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

Thanks SO MUCH for the
    Thanks SO MUCH for the prayers & good wishes. GOD, you are all the BEST! My son said I should try to take in some wireless headphones next time... hmmmm. At one point it sounded like the noises were saying 'YIPEE YIPEE YIPEE', lol, so I went with it!

Won't know anything for a day or two... hoping with everything I am that the doctor's office calls tomorrow so I don't have to think about it all weekend.

With love & gratitude, Mar

Thinking of you Marlene.
    Thinking of you Marlene. Did you get your test results yet? Praying that they are all ok!

Sue :)
  • Marlene_K
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Thinking of you Marlene.
    Thinking of you Marlene. Did you get your test results yet? Praying that they are all ok!

Sue :)

Thanks, Sue!
    Thanks so much for thinking of me, and believe it or not, NO... I haven't gotten the results. Apparently the tech that reads the results of the MRI has been out??? Are you kidding me? Anyway, supposedly I should find out tomorrow. Thanks goodness I've been able to keep it out of the forefront of my mind. I'll let you know when I find out and hopefully will be reporting good news.

Hugs, Mar
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Any MRI News today? I'm
    Any MRI News today? I'm thinking about you and wondering if you heard anything today.
  • Marlene_K
    Options
    natly15 said:

Any MRI News today? I'm
    Any MRI News today? I'm thinking about you and wondering if you heard anything today.

FINALLY!
    I got a message on my home phone from my doc yesterday. He said everything was normal and there was nothing to worry about. YAY!!! From what I understand, even having my good boob cut off isn't going to prevent me from getting cancer there, isn't that right?

Thanks so much for caring!

Hugs, Mar
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

FINALLY!
    I got a message on my home phone from my doc yesterday. He said everything was normal and there was nothing to worry about. YAY!!! From what I understand, even having my good boob cut off isn't going to prevent me from getting cancer there, isn't that right?

Hugs, Mar

Great "Normal" News
    Glad to hear from you. Yes, I've been told by my onc surgeon that it could return after mastectomy in the chest cavity. Let's face it, this can return no matter what we do, BUT We are not going there, that's why we are getting all this fatigue and yuk because we are doing what we have to do to treat this Today. It's hard but important to stay in the now and not the now what's or the but if's.

Yesterday, I saw the lady who was getting chemo at my first infusion. she's been in treatment for I think she said over 4 years. She was stage 4 BC, went thru all the treatment, but it metastisized to her brain and spine and now she is doing radiation. She has one of the best attitudes I've seen. She's bubbly and so encouraging. Has teenagers and vowed she will see them graduate high school. She said she removed everything toxic from her life, and that included a husband. She has a great deal of motivation, knows she may never be totally cancer free, but she's moving forward in her life and honestly seems to be enjoying it.

Mar no matter what, and God knows I've had my down days, we are going to move forward and enjoy our life. Hugs.
  • jackiejhm
    jackiejhm Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

FINALLY!

Hugs, Mar

wonderful
    So glad the "good" breast came up normal. You give me hope! I won't have my follow up mri on my Good/questionable breast until July. a mixed bag of feelings all over again. Wish us all luck!! Again- Congratulations!!!
  • blazytracy
    blazytracy Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Good news Marlene!
    That is great that your MRI turned out fine. I am so happy for you. I also had an MRI yesterday of my brain and neck...1 1/2 hrs long....they used my port for the contrast thank God...I have been having numbness in my right hand and right foot...hoping for the best..haven't heard a thing yet. My follow-up appt isn't till Monday...you would think they would call sooner than that if bad news??

I know what you mean about a bilateral..I feel like I should have gotten one also..You know I am always thinking of you Marlene..take care.

Tracy