Need Of Help

jeanne_vinet
jeanne_vinet Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just recently been diagonisted with breast cancer. I had a bi-opsi done. I had pain and was very miserable. I am waiting for a Doctor to help me with the removal of my right breast; plus I may be able to have re-construction surgery.. I am dealing with two doctors who are playing with my life... I am looking for a real doctor to help me before; I lose my life... If anyone can help please contact me by my email address jeanne-vinet@yahoo.com.
I live in the city of Visalia I goto the Family Health Care Network ..... I had nothing but regrets for being on Welfare and not having the proper Doctor's help.... Thank You Jeanne Vinet... Ps.I just turned 48 years old, and I need help....

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Jeanne, I am sorry for your
    Jeanne, I am sorry for your recent diagnosis. I am not familiar with the city you mentioned so I don't know where you are located. Regardless, I would recommend that you contact your local American Cancer Society. They can make recommendations to you for your specific situation. Good luck and continue to post and let us know your results.
  • AngelBaby
    AngelBaby Member Posts: 47
    I agree you should try the
    I agree you should try the American Cancer Society. Your financial situation has no bearing on your illness. I live in Texas. Our county has a county clinic and there are also medical clinics that see patients based on income. Try calling your city or county health department. Remember that we are always here to answer your questions. Stay strong and remember to pray.
  • CarrWilson
    CarrWilson Member Posts: 111
    Local Help
    Jeanne -

I am so sorry you have to go through this, and doubly hard with public assistance.

You are close to Bakersfield, Fresno, and Modesto call the major hospitals in that area and you can get more information and referrals. I also know that Stanford Hospital will accept your insurance, it is a little over 200 miles, so that may not be an option for you. The best way to find a MD is to ask your PCP to refer you, ask friends, get several opinions and as said above contact the ACS. Ask for a general surgeon that specializes in breast surgery. I believe that reconstruction is a covered benefit for you.

This is a wild roller coaster, don't worry it will take time, but you ultimately have the control over your life and the decisions you will need to make. Best of Luck......

- Carrie
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Jeanne
    Jeanne,

Try what Carrie suggested and see if that helps. Also contact the American Cancer Society. They can help you and also provide you with a list of contacts that may help you with your financial situation. Try to hang in there.

P
  • jeanne_vinet
    AngelBaby said:

I agree you should try the
    I agree you should try the American Cancer Society. Your financial situation has no bearing on your illness. I live in Texas. Our county has a county clinic and there are also medical clinics that see patients based on income. Try calling your city or county health department. Remember that we are always here to answer your questions. Stay strong and remember to pray.

Thank You for your concern;
    Thank You for your concern; I pray every night that I put God first in my life. I will be going for my first appointment on March 11th of this year; I will be seeing a doctor in San Francisco. I will keep you up on this procedure...
  • jeanne_vinet

Local Help
    Jeanne -

I am so sorry you have to go through this, and doubly hard with public assistance.

You are close to Bakersfield, Fresno, and Modesto call the major hospitals in that area and you can get more information and referrals. I also know that Stanford Hospital will accept your insurance, it is a little over 200 miles, so that may not be an option for you. The best way to find a MD is to ask your PCP to refer you, ask friends, get several opinions and as said above contact the ACS. Ask for a general surgeon that specializes in breast surgery. I believe that reconstruction is a covered benefit for you.

This is a wild roller coaster, don't worry it will take time, but you ultimately have the control over your life and the decisions you will need to make. Best of Luck......

- Carrie

I have checked in and was
    I have checked in and was told Sanford did not take my insurance. Anthem blue cross.. Medi-cal. I will be going to University Of San Francisco, for there take my insurance and I will wait to go to the appointment.. I live in the city of Visalia Ca. I am a single mom with 2 children. One daughter who's 21 years old and and 8 year old son....
  • jeanne_vinet

Local Help
    Jeanne -

- Carrie

I have checked in and was told Sanford did not take my insurance. Anthem blue cross.. Medi-cal. I will be going to University Of San Francisco, for there take my insurance and I will wait to go to the appointment.. I live in the city of Visalia Ca. I am a single mom with 2 children. One daughter who's 21 years old and and 8 year old son....
  • jeanne_vinet

Local Help
    Jeanne -

- Carrie

• jeanne_vinet
    aztec45 said:

Jeanne
    Jeanne,

Try what Carrie suggested and see if that helps. Also contact the American Cancer Society. They can help you and also provide you with a list of contacts that may help you with your financial situation. Try to hang in there.

P

Thank YOU ; I will; Oh what
    Thank YOU ; I will; Oh what a beautiful cat. I love animals I have a cat too..... Jeanne
  • jeanne_vinet
    aztec45 said:

Jeanne
    Jeanne,

P

Thank YOU
    Thank YOU ; I will; Oh what a beautiful cat. I love animals I have a cat too..... Jeanne
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member

I am not sure who you spoke

I am not sure who you spoke to at Stanford Hospital but they do take Medi-cal and are contracted with Anthem Blue Cross. They also offer financial assistance.

Also the Palo Alto Medical Foundation next to Stanford accepts Medi-cal and also offers financial assistance. This is where I am going for my treatment and they are excelllent. Everything is in one building except their in patient surgery is at Stanford.

There are also several cancer care clinics in Fresno that I am sure would take Medi-cal and be much closer to where you live if you haven't already tried them.