Options
2»

Comments

• Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Options
    jesse1313 said:

hair loss
    I could be cute and say "sorry for your loss", but most of us go through it, and we learn to deal with it. Two weeks to the day from my first chemo, my 11 year old was home recovering from surgery when she watched my hair begin to brush out. It continued this way for about 9 days before I had to shave my head (Just this weekend in fact, after 2nd round of chemo.) I did have to start wearing a scarf by the 4th day. I am told by chemo mates that the eyebrows/eyelashes take longer, as these are not fast growing cells, and not everyone will loose them all. ACS has a wonderful class in most areas that I will be attending, called "Feel Good, Look Good". It is about two hours (u can bring a friend), and in addition to being shown how to apply makeup for those of us folicley (sp) challeneged, they provide a host of cosmetics to help us out. Just remember this: when you start to loose your hair, it is a good sign that the chemo is doing and going exactly where it needs to, to attack the cancer. My daughter reminded me of this when my hair loss began. I sign my emails now "Hairless in Minneapolis". My motto is that I can't change it, I'm at least going to have some fun with it! May God bless you through your journey!

Wow what a great spirit
    Jesse1313,
    Thanks so much for your encouragement! I am having a fit of the thought of losing my hair but you are absolutely right....you can't control it or change so you make the best of it. When you are dealt lemons....make lemonade.

Lorrie Balentine