Last A/C!

Options
kiki14738
kiki14738 Member Posts: 14
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had my last A/C treatment yesterday!! Yippee!! :-) Now on the the Taxol. Has anyone here noticed diferences with the two treatments? I've read that with the exception of neuropathy, Taxol seemed milder with fatigue etc; Is that true? Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Kim

Comments

• Chrispea
    Chrispea Member Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're halfway thru.
    I

Yeah, you're halfway thru.

I had a/c then Taxotere. Yeah, big differences with those two. Taxotere was really rough on me. Only 10-27% get the side effects that I got. Taxol is milder I think, not sure, you can ask your onc.

But, there is no nausea with Taxotere and my hair started to grow back. :)

Good luck!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Congrats! Good luck with
    Congrats! Good luck with Taxol!

Hugs, Megan
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Options
    Megan M said:

Congrats! Good luck with
    Congrats! Good luck with Taxol!

Hugs, Megan

Taxol
    I begin my taxol treatments tomorrow, and I'm praying that it won't be any worse than the A/C was--I had my last A/C 2 weeks 1 day ago, and I still have some numbness in my fingers! I hear the taxol is worse for the neuropathy, and the doctor said it is not a good sign that I was getting numbness in my fingers with the A/C. . . . nervous . . .

I'll let you know how the first one goes!

Hugs! Sandy
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Congrats on the 1/2 way
    Congrats on the 1/2 way point! I just started the A/C portion yesterday afternoon, so hope to be where you are in 2 months!

Good luck with the Taxol!

Hugs,
    Marcy
  • girls4444
    girls4444 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    taxol
    Congratulation on completing A/C, I had 4 round of A/C and 12 of Taxol I just completed round #6 of taxol, everyone told me taxol is easier than A/C, but I have found that not to be the case. I had fatigue and loss of appetite on A/C but with taxol 2 days after treatment me I get achy all over, even my teeth hurt. My nails look horrible and are in the process of lifting off, my toe nails hurt. The nurses tell me it is the accumlative effect. They say since I get the treatment every week my body doesn't have time to catch up and recover, when I did A/C it was every other week. The good thing is the treatment doesn't take as long I am in and out in 3 hours. Good Luck
    betty
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Oh my gosh I hated A/C!!! It
    Oh my gosh I hated A/C!!! It made me so sick. Yes, taxol is way easier. I had some bone pain that felt like little sharp pains in the tops of my hands, arms, lower back, hips and ankles. I also did feel pretty tired but it was nothing compared to the A/C. Good luck and congrats on being 1/2 way finished:)
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Not So Bad
    Hi Kiki

Taxol was alot easier for me than A/C. But having my livwer removed with a spoon would have been easier for me than A/C. I didn't have the blood count issues and wasn't nearly as fatigued. But we all react differently. On taxol turned out to be a fingernail slayer for me. Right now my fingers are all taped up because the old nail is very close to falling off, but attached just enough that I am not quite ready to let them go. More a pain in the donkey than anything. I didn't finish all of my taxol because my fingers and toes became numb, and the onc was concerned if I continued I may not recover feeling in them. Taxol did make me feel achy and a bit queasy. Kind of like I had the flu. I also seemed to lose some of my taste buds. Could taste a little, but not like I can now. I have read some posts where people breeze through A/C and struggle with taxol. I hope you breeze through taxol. What's the plan after taxol. Are you HER2+?

Sharon
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    canoegirl said:

Congrats on the 1/2 way
    Congrats on the 1/2 way point! I just started the A/C portion yesterday afternoon, so hope to be where you are in 2 months!

Good luck with the Taxol!

Hugs,
    Marcy

Congratulations on being
    Congratulations on being halfway done! Good luck with Taxol!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    girls4444 said:

taxol
    Congratulation on completing A/C, I had 4 round of A/C and 12 of Taxol I just completed round #6 of taxol, everyone told me taxol is easier than A/C, but I have found that not to be the case. I had fatigue and loss of appetite on A/C but with taxol 2 days after treatment me I get achy all over, even my teeth hurt. My nails look horrible and are in the process of lifting off, my toe nails hurt. The nurses tell me it is the accumlative effect. They say since I get the treatment every week my body doesn't have time to catch up and recover, when I did A/C it was every other week. The good thing is the treatment doesn't take as long I am in and out in 3 hours. Good Luck
    betty

Yeh!
    Congrats Kim!

Sue :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    girls4444 said:

taxol
    betty

Sending you big
    Sending you big congrats!

Hugs, Leeza
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Not So Bad
    Hi Kiki

Taxol was alot easier for me than A/C. But having my livwer removed with a spoon would have been easier for me than A/C. I didn't have the blood count issues and wasn't nearly as fatigued. But we all react differently. On taxol turned out to be a fingernail slayer for me. Right now my fingers are all taped up because the old nail is very close to falling off, but attached just enough that I am not quite ready to let them go. More a pain in the donkey than anything. I didn't finish all of my taxol because my fingers and toes became numb, and the onc was concerned if I continued I may not recover feeling in them. Taxol did make me feel achy and a bit queasy. Kind of like I had the flu. I also seemed to lose some of my taste buds. Could taste a little, but not like I can now. I have read some posts where people breeze through A/C and struggle with taxol. I hope you breeze through taxol. What's the plan after taxol. Are you HER2+?

Sharon

taxol was easier for me than
    taxol was easier for me than AC. i did develop neuropathy and still have it. (finished on the 21st).
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    carkris said:

taxol was easier for me than
    taxol was easier for me than AC. i did develop neuropathy and still have it. (finished on the 21st).

Taxol was a piece of cake compared to a/c
    I had very few side effects and they only lasted a day or two.
    CONGRATULATIONS! The worst is over with! The first couple taxol will be
    a little weird because of the pre meds to prevent allergic reactions, but
    after that it was fine for me. Hope you have my luck! God bless.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Happy
    Happy for you. Glad that you are finished with AC. Can't help you with your question. Just wanted to say congrats on completing the AC leg of the journey.

P.