I am free,no more wig or hat.You were right I did get their.

Options
ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I shed my wig last Thursday.My hair is very short,salt and pepper.I will wait awhile and dye it.I will never forget the kindness of you ladys helping me through everything.Exspecialy loosing my hair.That like many of you was really hard for me.I did not think I would get through having to shave my head.But I did and now I am wearing my short salt and pepper hair very proudly.God Bless you.To you new people ,you also will get through it. Pat.

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Good for
    you,Pat!And you can be proud of your short salt and pepper hair-you went through hell and back for it!!
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Pat
    Mine is just starting to grow back, very slowly. It seems like a dark shadow in places. I thought it would come back quicker. Will it speed up soon? I'm glad you flipped your wig!
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    YAH YAH YAH Pat, I can't
    YAH YAH YAH Pat, I can't wait for that day, it's getting closer. Mine is growing back the same old dirty dishwater blonde that it was, I was hoping for salt and pepper, I love that look. I was done with chemo on Jan 14th, and I have about an inch of really thin see through hair, when did you stop chemo?
    So excited for you,
    ~Kari
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Options
    I'm so glad for you, Pat
    Isn't it a great feeling??!! I've been going without a head covering (except for outside...to darn cold here in Michigan!!) going on my fourth week. I get lots of compliments on my salt and pepper and I kind of like it too!

One thing I've noticed is how fast the hair on my legs grow!! Now if only the hair on my head would grow as fast!!

Take care!!
  • Chrispea
    Chrispea Member Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!
    I've been wearing my wig less and less around the house. My hair started growing back when I switched chemo's from A/C to taxotere, about 9 weeks. I look like Matt Lauer right now! LOL!

I can't wait to have it long enough to spike it up! hee hee!

So happy for you!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Pat, I am so very, very
    Pat, I am so very, very happy for YOU!! I love going without head coverings; it was one of my best days, too. My hair seems to be growing slowly, but I don't care, it's still very low maintenance. Enjoy your new look....you worked hard to get there. Have a great day!!
  • ppurdin
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi Pat
    Mine is just starting to grow back, very slowly. It seems like a dark shadow in places. I thought it would come back quicker. Will it speed up soon? I'm glad you flipped your wig!

Hi Laurissa
    Everyone is different.It seamed like it took foreveror for my hair to get here.I think it is starting to grow a little faster now.It is thick and baby fine.But when I put gel on it.It looks a lot better.You will be their soon.That is cute when you said I fliped my wig.Me and you started going through this the same time.wow can you beleive we are this far with it.are you taking the Cancer Pill?Take Care.(Pat).
  • ppurdin
    Options

YAH YAH YAH Pat, I can't
    YAH YAH YAH Pat, I can't wait for that day, it's getting closer. Mine is growing back the same old dirty dishwater blonde that it was, I was hoping for salt and pepper, I love that look. I was done with chemo on Jan 14th, and I have about an inch of really thin see through hair, when did you stop chemo?
    So excited for you,
    ~Kari

Hi Kari
    I stopped chemo in Oct. I think my hair growed slower then most.You will be their soon and you will love it.Take care. (Pat).
  • ppurdin
    Options
    pattimc said:

I'm so glad for you, Pat
    Isn't it a great feeling??!! I've been going without a head covering (except for outside...to darn cold here in Michigan!!) going on my fourth week. I get lots of compliments on my salt and pepper and I kind of like it too!

One thing I've noticed is how fast the hair on my legs grow!! Now if only the hair on my head would grow as fast!!

Take care!!

Hair
    I am glad for you.No head coverings wow.Isn,t it great,and like you I have to shave my legs every few days.Good luck to you.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Pat, I am so very, very
    Pat, I am so very, very happy for YOU!! I love going without head coverings; it was one of my best days, too. My hair seems to be growing slowly, but I don't care, it's still very low maintenance. Enjoy your new look....you worked hard to get there. Have a great day!!

I finished Jan 21 dont have
    I finished Jan 21 dont have much, keep searching my underarms and legs NADA. My hair is very light and fine, at this rate I'll go without sometime next year!!!!
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Hooray!!!!
    I am glad your hair is growing back. I bet it feels good to shed the hats, wigs, scarfs, whatever. You know, losing my hair was the toughest thing for me too. Go take a drive and let the wind blow through your new hair.

P
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Great to hear that you are
    Great to hear that you are done with the wig. I am waiting for mine to grow in a tad bit more before I do the same. Am sure you hair is growing nice and think! Congrats to you.
    BL
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    smiles abound
    Yeah for you my friend, nothing like getting free from wigs and such feeling it is one more step in the forward direction. I am so very happy for you!

RE
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Good For You! It is such a
    Good For You! It is such a major part of the whole Cancer Experience, isn't it? Hair is for many, if not most of us the final insult in the battle, and knowing that "It's just hair, it'll grow back" is just not enough!

And yet, when it does grow back, it is nothing short of a miracle! I remember rubbing my head and absolutely relishing the feel of the fuzz on my fingers and just knowing that hair was actually growing on my head again!

Here are the stages: Bald as a cue-ball, then sweet newborn baby, then baby chick, then chia pet, then finger in light socket, and then finally! Something which pretty much resembled the hair I had before the univited, rude Beast came to visit!

So, Hooray for you! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

YAH YAH YAH Pat, I can't
    So excited for you,
    ~Kari

Good for you Pat!
    Good for you Pat!