Day/Night - Sleeves/Gloves

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wondering how many with lymphema have day slesves and night sleeves? And day or night gloves?

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    I have all
    day sleeve & glove plus night sleeve which has hand piece attached to it.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    day only
    I only wear my sleeves and hand gauntlet during the day, it is far too constricting when sleeping. I was also told not to wear it at night when the lyphedema began. Hope this helps.

RE
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    RE said:

day only
    I only wear my sleeves and hand gauntlet during the day, it is far too constricting when sleeping. I was also told not to wear it at night when the lyphedema began. Hope this helps.

RE

Not asking about if 'you'
    Not asking about if 'you' use 'your' day sleeve and glove at night but rather do 'you' have a day sleeve and glove and a night sleeve and glove. They are different and work on different principles (according to my Lymphademologist). Most of what I've seen written only talks about day wear but there is night wear designed for night.
    So guess I could have phrased it better - do 'you' use only day wear, only night wear or both.
    I got my night slleve almost 2 weeks ago and it works rather good but hand wasn't doing all that great so late last week a light weight glove was added. Last Friday, my day sleeve and gloove came in but there was way too much compression (caused major edema rapidly) for me with them so they were sent back and I'm waiting for other ones now.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Rague said:

Not asking about if 'you'
    Not asking about if 'you' use 'your' day sleeve and glove at night but rather do 'you' have a day sleeve and glove and a night sleeve and glove. They are different and work on different principles (according to my Lymphademologist). Most of what I've seen written only talks about day wear but there is night wear designed for night.
    So guess I could have phrased it better - do 'you' use only day wear, only night wear or both.
    I got my night slleve almost 2 weeks ago and it works rather good but hand wasn't doing all that great so late last week a light weight glove was added. Last Friday, my day sleeve and gloove came in but there was way too much compression (caused major edema rapidly) for me with them so they were sent back and I'm waiting for other ones now.

I use both
    my night is Joivipack which has hand piece attached. I had very high expectations for it , but I am not satisfied with what it does. I have best outcome with wrapping, but it not pretty and got a lot of questions from everyone plus I do not feel comfortable to do it myself. I am currently in lymphedema treatment. You can write me a PM if you have more questions.
    Hugs,
    New Flower