DinoRee
DinoRee Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Anal Cancer #1
Hey Everybody,
I'm new to this board.
Hope all are doing good and in great spirits!
Glad I found a board about anal cancer and that I'm not alone.I was 48 when I was DXed with rectal cancer in Jan 09 & in Mar & April had 6 weeks chemo & radiation treatments before having surgery in June to remove the tumor.Something went wrong in 1st surgery so I had to have emergency surgery which resulted in a colostomy,it can be reversed but I had to finish 6 rounds of chemo which I did in Dec 09, also had a fistula that was taken care of a couple of weeks ago.So now all I have to do is lose weight and I can have it reversed.Yay! Didn't know how much I missed farting & pooping and I will never take it for granted again.If I can help anyone please let me know and I will do my best:)

Comments

• SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485
    WELCOME Dino!!!
    I was

WELCOME Dino!!!

I was diagnosed with anal cancer in April 08....recently had mets to the liver, and had a liver resection 3 weeks ago today. There is alot of people here who have all been through the same. SOOOO nice to be able to chat with people about some of these "undignified" issues anal/rectal/colon cancer patients go through. I continually thank Joanne for starting this board.
    So how much weight do you need to lose? Do you have a good support group to help you obatin this??? You will find alot of well wishing, prayers, laughs, and TONS of support here!!!!
    Let me know if there is anything I can do~
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    SueRelays said:

WELCOME Dino!!!
    I was

WELCOME Dino!!!

I was diagnosed with anal cancer in April 08....recently had mets to the liver, and had a liver resection 3 weeks ago today. There is alot of people here who have all been through the same. SOOOO nice to be able to chat with people about some of these "undignified" issues anal/rectal/colon cancer patients go through. I continually thank Joanne for starting this board.
    So how much weight do you need to lose? Do you have a good support group to help you obatin this??? You will find alot of well wishing, prayers, laughs, and TONS of support here!!!!

You have found
    a great place to help you through this unexpected phase of your life. I too was dx'd in '08 with anal cancer. I had radiochemotherapy and was sailing along until a liver met in Nov. '09 chartered a new course. I am currently waiting to start some stereotactic radiation next week. I did not have the support of this board when I was went throught the first round of treatments and so wish I had. It is such a comfort to know there is a place you can come to ask ANYTHING and someone will be eager to share their knowledge, comfort, support, enthusiasm, suggestions, wisdom...you get the picture. Please come back often and I wish you the best with your future procedures.
    Regards,
    Joanne
  • DinoRee
    SueRelays said:

WELCOME Dino!!!
    I was

WELCOME Dino!!!

WEIGHT
    Hey SueRelays,
    I need to lose about 40 to 60 pounds,I've been kinda watching what I eat and walking everyday. I've read some of your posts and you have been through the ringer plenty, but you still have a good attitude about it and I wish you the best. Thanks for being here.
  • DinoRee
    JDuke said:

You have found
    a great place to help you through this unexpected phase of your life. I too was dx'd in '08 with anal cancer. I had radiochemotherapy and was sailing along until a liver met in Nov. '09 chartered a new course. I am currently waiting to start some stereotactic radiation next week. I did not have the support of this board when I was went throught the first round of treatments and so wish I had. It is such a comfort to know there is a place you can come to ask ANYTHING and someone will be eager to share their knowledge, comfort, support, enthusiasm, suggestions, wisdom...you get the picture. Please come back often and I wish you the best with your future procedures.
    Regards,
    Joanne

Thanks
    Hey Joanne,
    Thank you and I wish you the best too!
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485
    DinoRee said:

WEIGHT
    Hey SueRelays,
    I need to lose about 40 to 60 pounds,I've been kinda watching what I eat and walking everyday. I've read some of your posts and you have been through the ringer plenty, but you still have a good attitude about it and I wish you the best. Thanks for being here.

Absolutely. I'm so thankful
    Absolutely. I'm so thankful to just still "be here" that I refuse to spend any energy feeling down.
    Walking is a great way to shed pounds and so good for you! Hope you have a great area to walk and great tunes to get you there :)
    I gave up sugar and white flour after this last round, and I juice. It wasn't near as hard as I thought, because I just convince myself that this will keep the cancer away!!!! If it doesn't, well at least I tried :)

Have a great day Dino and let us know when we can help.