Bladder cancer

Options
Debrus
Debrus Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Bladder Cancer #1
My husband has had bladder cancer for six years and is on BCG and is having severe burning and cannot hold the treatment for even an hour anymore. He has frequent urination and cannot even hardly leave the house. He is on lot of different meds for the problem but nothing is working. Has anyone else had these issues? He is thinking about getting a second opinion.

Comments

• dukers101
    dukers101 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    How long has he been on BCG?
    How long has he been on BCG? My husband was on it for a few years and it tuned out it didnt help, sometimes it does and then it doesnt. He just had his bladder removed about a month ago-its been tough. Have your husband talk to the doctor to see if they have something for BCG issues? Good luck and let me know if there is something I can share about this experience
  • Debrus
    Debrus Member Posts: 7
    Options
    dukers101 said:

How long has he been on BCG?
    How long has he been on BCG? My husband was on it for a few years and it tuned out it didnt help, sometimes it does and then it doesnt. He just had his bladder removed about a month ago-its been tough. Have your husband talk to the doctor to see if they have something for BCG issues? Good luck and let me know if there is something I can share about this experience

bladder cancer
    Thanks so much. He has found out that he has a terrible infection and that has been a problem because they never listen to him and just keep saying well that is the way you are supposed to feel and the BCG is an irritant, we know that but he knew it was something else. They didn't give him a treatment this week because of the infection and he will just have his scope next week now. Hoping he doesn't have to ever have his bladder removed. Hope things get better for you. GOD BLESS.
  • dukers101
    dukers101 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Debrus said:

bladder cancer
    Thanks so much. He has found out that he has a terrible infection and that has been a problem because they never listen to him and just keep saying well that is the way you are supposed to feel and the BCG is an irritant, we know that but he knew it was something else. They didn't give him a treatment this week because of the infection and he will just have his scope next week now. Hoping he doesn't have to ever have his bladder removed. Hope things get better for you. GOD BLESS.

Its very important to watch
    Its very important to watch for fevers after the treatment. It may feel like he has the flu but always speak up because doctors dont always believe we know our bodies- see if there is something like an antibiotic they can give him while on the BCG- not sure if they do that but I do know my husband had a tough time for the first 2 days and then it would ease up somewhat. Then they test to see if the BCG is working-unfortunately for him they worked for a while but it was still present in the lining of his bladder- this kind of Cancer is very stubborn and his only choice was to have the bladder removed. Keep in touch and God Bless to you and your family.