I'm new here

Options
2»

Comments

• JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    Options
    Welcome!
    You've found a wonderful place with women who will help through every step! Sending you many ((HUGS)).
    Janice
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Welcome
    Welcome to the site. You are in good company here.

P

Welcome Lisa! Sorry you are
    Welcome Lisa! Sorry you are here because of bc, but, you have found a great group of supporters.

HUGS
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    one and all to the club nobody wants to belong to.

I want to add my wishes to the others you've already read, and encourage you to come back often to ask questions and share experiences. You will find so much wisdom and support on this board, and laughter too, it's just unbelievable.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Options

Welcome
    one and all to the club nobody wants to belong to.

I want to add my wishes to the others you've already read, and encourage you to come back often to ask questions and share experiences. You will find so much wisdom and support on this board, and laughter too, it's just unbelievable.

Take care,
    Cindy

Amazed
    I was dx two years ago but didn't even know about this site till recently. I'm amazed by the fact that it seems like most days there is a new member to "the club" and it makes you wonder hwo many others out there are getting the dx and are "lurking" or have not joined. My sister just let me know over the weekend that her sister-in-law got the bad dx. I emailed her and told her about this site - the one with all the fab support! I only wish I had known about it two years ago. Anyway, to all newbies.....this is a wonderful site with good info and lots of support and hugs. Good luck to all and hang in there.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Welcome
    Welcome to the site.

Hi Lisa!
    Hi Lisa and welcome to the site that noone wants to join. But, if you have bc, it is the best site to be at. We will support and encourage you thru your treatments and hold your hand when you're afraid.

Hugs, Debby
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    JanInMN said:

Welcome!
    You've found a wonderful place with women who will help through every step! Sending you many ((HUGS)).
    Janice

Welcome Lisa! I think a lot
    Welcome Lisa! I think a lot of us just lurked here for awhile before introducing ourselves. I hope that you find all of the support and help that you need here. I know I did!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • realitychick
    realitychick Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Another Newby
    I just got diagnosed last week (found out by phone)and am still waiting for my first appointment with the surgeon. They said it was very, very, very early stage 0 DCIS, so I'm hoping I won't have to do radiation. Doing the MRI for both breast also, just in case.

Don't know about the rest of you, but it's the last thing I think about at night, the first thing in the morning, and pretty much on the edges of my mind all day. Trying not to freak out too much though, if that's possible.

Glad I found this site.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

Another Newby
    I just got diagnosed last week (found out by phone)and am still waiting for my first appointment with the surgeon. They said it was very, very, very early stage 0 DCIS, so I'm hoping I won't have to do radiation. Doing the MRI for both breast also, just in case.

Don't know about the rest of you, but it's the last thing I think about at night, the first thing in the morning, and pretty much on the edges of my mind all day. Trying not to freak out too much though, if that's possible.

Glad I found this site.

I'm glad you did, too!
    It has been a Godsend to me. I found it 'by accident' about a month after my surgery (12/7) - which was about 6 weeks after mammo.

Welcome!

Sue
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Another Newby

Glad I found this site.

Welcome Lisa and
    Welcome Lisa and realitychick! Wishing both of you the best of luck!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Apat
    Apat Member Posts: 13
    Options
    jnl said:

Welcome Lisa and
    Welcome Lisa and realitychick! Wishing both of you the best of luck!

Hugs, Leeza

New
    I had a mammogram, ultrasound, biopsy, dx of Papilloma(second time in 4 yrs. not cancer but can turn into it if left), surgery to remove it, back to the surgeon on 2/19/2010 JUST for a post-surgery "check" - or so I thought. She told me that pathology(from the surgery) had found a small cancer attached to the Papilloma which didn't show up in the biopsy. I remember looking at my chart while she was talking to make sure it was my chart. It's devastating and life altering. I've had many tests since to look for spread to other parts of my body & to bone, but Praise God, it's all negative. Now will have Sentinel Nodes removed for testing, and at least more tissue removed for better margins with an offer of double mastectomy with reconstructon. Don't know yet what course of treatment will be suggested, but I plan to be in control, consider the options and effects, and not get dragged along the "cancer trail" without a say. The cancer is estrogen +. If mastectomy for early stage cancer will help me avoid treatment, I will probably opt for it. I'm feeling better now that I have settled it in my heart that I don't HAVE to do anything...it's my choice!

Angie
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Apat said:

New
    I had a mammogram, ultrasound, biopsy, dx of Papilloma(second time in 4 yrs. not cancer but can turn into it if left), surgery to remove it, back to the surgeon on 2/19/2010 JUST for a post-surgery "check" - or so I thought. She told me that pathology(from the surgery) had found a small cancer attached to the Papilloma which didn't show up in the biopsy. I remember looking at my chart while she was talking to make sure it was my chart. It's devastating and life altering. I've had many tests since to look for spread to other parts of my body & to bone, but Praise God, it's all negative. Now will have Sentinel Nodes removed for testing, and at least more tissue removed for better margins with an offer of double mastectomy with reconstructon. Don't know yet what course of treatment will be suggested, but I plan to be in control, consider the options and effects, and not get dragged along the "cancer trail" without a say. The cancer is estrogen +. If mastectomy for early stage cancer will help me avoid treatment, I will probably opt for it. I'm feeling better now that I have settled it in my heart that I don't HAVE to do anything...it's my choice!

Angie

So many of you new family members ...
    Welcome to all of you new members to the club no one wants to belong to. But ... trust me when I say you have come to the right place. We are ALL family. We can share anything and everything and we do not judge. We are here for each other ... to share our experiences, knowledge and support. I know I couldn't have made it through the past year without this group!

Big hugs.
    Teena
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Lisa
    I was diagnosed in Sept. Just finished 6 rounds chemo, a lumpectomy 3 days ago, and will start radiation soon. Today I was told I'm cancer free. In September I thought the worst, but great things do happen. Stay positive.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi Lisa
    I was diagnosed in Sept. Just finished 6 rounds chemo, a lumpectomy 3 days ago, and will start radiation soon. Today I was told I'm cancer free. In September I thought the worst, but great things do happen. Stay positive.

WELCOME ALL. I joined after
    WELCOME ALL. I joined after searching the web. very leery about sites but find this one gentle informed and supportive. no matter what. you will get support here.