Surgery is over, now the waiting

Options
Dawne.Hope
Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my surgery, double mast. with immediate reconstruction on Thursday (2.25). I'm staying with my cousin and doing OK. I'm uncomfortable, but the pain is not unbearable. The drains are driving me nuts. I know they are there to help prevent infection, but they are so uncomforable.

I'll find out the pathology on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm hoping and praying for a good report.

You all have been so helpful on this journey. Thanks for being there. I thought after the surgery I would cry and be devasted, but it wasn't like that - I actually felt relieved. I wavered a lot in making the final decision but now that the surgery is over I certainly know I've done the right thing for me.

I'm a little worried about getting an infection, but I shouldn't dwell on such things. I'm eating well, sleeping and that is all I can do.

Again, thank you all!

Much Love,
dh

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Dawne
    Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. It sounds like it's going about as well as you could hope for so far, all things considered. Feeling good about your decision is so important, so I'm glad to hear your positive perspective on that.

I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a good pathology report. In the meantime, just let others take good care of you, get as much rest as you can, and check in here whenever you feel up to it.

Healing Hugs,
    Cindy
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Glad to hear that you are
    Glad to hear that you are doing well after your surgery...and that you are staying w/someone to help you right now. Will be thinking of you as you wait for that path report...Get lots of rest and try to rest up!

God Bless...
    Julie
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    I am so glad that you are
    I am so glad that you are pretty comfortable and that the surgery is behind you. Another step taken in your journey. You are in my prayers for a quick recovery and a good report:)
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear the surgery
    Glad to hear the surgery went well, Dawne. You are indeed doing everything you can, as you have been. Thanks for updating us. We will be hoping for good news from you later this week.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Glad to hear the surgery
    Glad to hear the surgery went well, Dawne. You are indeed doing everything you can, as you have been. Thanks for updating us. We will be hoping for good news from you later this week.

Thanks for the update Dawne.
    Thanks for the update Dawne. Praying for good test results for you!
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Thanks for the update Dawne.
    Thanks for the update Dawne. Praying for good test results for you!

So happy your surgery
    is over and you are happy with the decision you made. I'll be praying for good news - take care of yourself - I'll be watching for your update.
    much love,
    Jenny
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

So happy your surgery
    is over and you are happy with the decision you made. I'll be praying for good news - take care of yourself - I'll be watching for your update.
    much love,
    Jenny

So glad your doing well.

So glad your doing well.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

So glad your doing well.

So glad your doing well.

Happy that the surgery is
    Happy that the surgery is over and that you are staying with someone. Post your test results when you know. Praying for good results!
  • dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    good results..
    Praying for your good results...so glad you have someone caring for you and allowing you time to heal. As I keep hearing..one step at a time and someday this will all be a memory for us. Hope your day is good.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Dawne, sending a gentle
    Dawne, sending a gentle (((hug))) your way. You are one step closer to your dance with NED. Give yourself time to rest and recover and post when you can. Sending healing thoughts your way, too. Take care!!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    jbug said:

Glad to hear that you are
    Glad to hear that you are doing well after your surgery...and that you are staying w/someone to help you right now. Will be thinking of you as you wait for that path report...Get lots of rest and try to rest up!

God Bless...
    Julie

Good to hear from you Dawne
    Now that is behind you and you just rest and recover now. Let us know about your tests.

Good luck!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Dawne, sending a gentle
    Dawne, sending a gentle (((hug))) your way. You are one step closer to your dance with NED. Give yourself time to rest and recover and post when you can. Sending healing thoughts your way, too. Take care!!

Dawne, if you don't hear
    Dawne, if you don't hear about your path report by Wednesday, you might call your oncologist's office. I know I really bug them to get those results as soon as I can.

Good luck again!
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    So glad your surgery is
    So glad your surgery is over. Sending positive thoughts and prayers as you recover and wait. We are stronger than we think. Take good care of yourself. Marilyn
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

I am so glad that you are
    I am so glad that you are pretty comfortable and that the surgery is behind you. Another step taken in your journey. You are in my prayers for a quick recovery and a good report:)

Glad that your surgery is
    Glad that your surgery is done now! Praying that your test results will be good news!

Please post when you know something about them. Crossing my fingers and toes!

Sue :)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

So glad your surgery is
    So glad your surgery is over. Sending positive thoughts and prayers as you recover and wait. We are stronger than we think. Take good care of yourself. Marilyn

Glad your surgery is over
    Glad your surgery is over Dawne! Praying you recover quickly!

Hugs, Megan