Another Complication, Update from Sunrae

Options
Sunrae
Sunrae Member Posts: 808
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
The heart cath showed some problems, 100% blockage in one artery, 80% in another one. Surgeon said I need bypass surgery but because of needing the masectomy soon, he and we chose to have him clean up the 80% blocked artery so the blood can get thru and I should be able to have the masectomy in a few weeks. On Plavix and other meds too. Came home from hospital very weak, sick, terrible cough from some kind of infection that was coming on and I feel so sick. On meds for that too. Hope I'm feeling better soon. Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, good wishes and support. Will try to get check in again soon. Love you all.

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Sunrae
    I am glad to hear from you. Sorry for additional problems and need for bypass surgery. Please take care of your body, relax, do something pleasant for yourself. You will feel better and ready for your mastectomy. Wishing you speedy recovery from hospital infection and your surgery.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    wow
    I'm sorry that you have sooo much on your plate, and cancer to boot. Defiantly get ur heart fixed first. Need good blood supply and a healthy heart to endure treatments and surgery. Continued prayers and concern for you and ur family. Gayla
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Sunrae
    Thank you for posting, even though you aren't feeling well. We were all waiting to hear. Take care.

Hugs and prayers,
    Sue
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Options
    Sunrae
    I'm so sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself first and update us when you can. Please know that we are all here and praying for you. Take care.

Helen
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    So very sad!!
    Great... more bad news. As if you haven't had enough lately, right? On the other hand, you really did dodge a bullet, big time. One of my advisees here, a mere kid of 29, suffered a heart attack right outside of our office area. Fortunately my colleague got him to the student health center, and he'll be fine. But he too had massive arterial blockages (and lots of heart problems in his family), and he almost didn't make it to 30. God bless you, and keep fighting. Because you're going to win!

Joe
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Sweet Sunrae
    So sorry you have another hurdle to overcome, but overcome you shall. It sounds like you are in good hands with your care and getting what you need to get better and stronger. You will come out the other side, even if it seems like the tunnel you're in keeps getting longer and longer. The light is there at the end, and you will come out shining in the end.

Take good care of yourself while you recuperate from your procedure and your infection. You have a lot of ladies and gentlemen holding your hand through this.

(((HUGS)))
    Cindy
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Sweet Sunrae
    So sorry you have another hurdle to overcome, but overcome you shall. It sounds like you are in good hands with your care and getting what you need to get better and stronger. You will come out the other side, even if it seems like the tunnel you're in keeps getting longer and longer. The light is there at the end, and you will come out shining in the end.

Take good care of yourself while you recuperate from your procedure and your infection. You have a lot of ladies and gentlemen holding your hand through this.

(((HUGS)))
    Cindy

Glad to hear the update
    Glad to hear the update though not the news we wanted. now you have the info you need to have a safe surgery. and we want you to be safe. are they going to do bypass on the 80 percent or is it too high percentage to do a stent? Bless you in your recovery from the cath and the infection. hugs Sunrae Penny
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    helen e said:

Sunrae
    I'm so sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself first and update us when you can. Please know that we are all here and praying for you. Take care.

Helen

I am so sorry Sunrae. I am
    I am so sorry Sunrae. I am so glad that you posted to let us know what is going on with you. We all have been worried. Praying that you will find the strength to get thru this.

Sue :)
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Sunrae
    I'm sorry for the added health worries you have. I'm sure all will be ok.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi Sunrae
    I'm sorry for the added health worries you have. I'm sure all will be ok.

Sunrae .. Keep up the faith .. You are in God's
    hands. Hope all works out for you.

VickiSam
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Sending you prayers Sunrae
    Sending you prayers Sunrae and lots of positive thoughts!

Hugs, Megan
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

Sending you prayers Sunrae
    Sending you prayers Sunrae and lots of positive thoughts!

Hugs, Megan

I am sending my prayers to
    I am sending my prayers to you SunRae. This is a lot on your plate but thank goodness they found this before your mastectomy.
    And Jeanne, that is so bizarre about your post under Ritzy. Only you could transport yourself into someone else.
    Stef
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

I am sending my prayers to
    I am sending my prayers to you SunRae. This is a lot on your plate but thank goodness they found this before your mastectomy.
    And Jeanne, that is so bizarre about your post under Ritzy. Only you could transport yourself into someone else.
    Stef

Sunrae, I am sorry. Sending
    Sunrae, I am sorry. Sending you hugs and prayers!

Hugs, Diane
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Sunrae, I am sorry. Sending
    Sunrae, I am sorry. Sending you hugs and prayers!

Hugs, Diane

Good luck with your
    Good luck with your surgery's Sunrae! Praying for you too!

Lex♥
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Sunrae
    So good to hear from you, have looked daily for a post to see how you are...will pray for rapid healing from the cath, excellent circulation to your heart, so you will be well for the next phase. Rest and rest and rest! God bless...
    Julie
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Sorry
    Sunrae,
    Sorry to hear about the added complications. Hope you feel better soon and that the surgeries go OK. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,
    Marcy
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Hang in there Sunrae. I am
    Hang in there Sunrae. I am so sorry that you are sick and I will be thinking of you and praying for your recovery.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    You Poor Woman
    I feel so sorry for you. You need some good news; not more bad. I am glad that they found out what the problem is and can now work to fix it. Try to rest. Take good care of yourself and I hope you get to feeling better.

P
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Oh Sunrae, I am so sorry to
    Oh Sunrae, I am so sorry to hear of this complication on top of everything else you are doing with. Good thing they found it in time and can take care of it. I do wish you well and good recovery from this so you can have your mastectomy asap. Hang in there, one day at a time!
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    (((((( Sunrae ))))))
    The positive in all of this is that you'll have your mastectomy in just a few weeks and I'm sure that has to give you some peace of mind. We all want to do what is expected of us in fighting this disease. Yes, for sure your heart issues puts a bit of a wrench into things, but thank God, they know what they're dealing with and it didn't come as a big surprise when it was too late. Hopefully the Plavix and other meds will help you feel and get better real soon. Sunrae, this is surely one of those times that I wish with all my heart I could hug you and tell you that everything is gonna be ok. There's nothing like the power of a hug... so put your right hand over your left shoulder and your left over your right and squeeze REALLLL tight... that's from me!

With love & prayers, Mar