Another Connection to HOPE

pluckey
pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
A lovely woman from my support group is having a send-off dinner for me before I leave Chicago and go to Sloan for liver resection. She calls me yesterday with a story:

Betty, my friend, attended a celebration at Wellness House, a non-profit center for cancer patients and family. She starts talking to the Director and tells her about all the women she met and that she's having us all over for dinner to celebrate my upcoming life-saving surgery..the Director starts questioning her about where my surgery is and who is performing it, she gets wide-eyed and calls over a man, Mike - "tell Peggy that Mike was ALSO Stage 4 Colon cancer and had surgery 13 years ago by Dr. Fong - my surgeon - !!!!

I was just crying at that story...it seems like there have been a series of wonderful coincidences and connections that got me to where I am going...the glory continues and I feel sooo very Hopeful

Peggy

Comments

• robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Great Preparation!
    Peggy,

What wonderful preparation you are having for your upcoming surgery. It will be so good to go into it bouyed by these hopeful stories and connections.

I'm 5.5 years post liver resection. Liver is still clear!

All shall be well... Rob; in Vancouver
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    That is GREAT
    I've seen his name over at Sloan too. I've a stage IV patient, I was de-livered by a different surgeon but they have a great staff over at Sloan.
    Best wishes to you Peggy. Add your story to the success page!
    -phil

PS: the food over at Sloan is quite good, they have salmon, chicken marsala, stir fry dishes...lots of stuff. Just bring salt, some of the food is a little bland and needs a pinch of salt.
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Wow
    What a wonderful story! Here's to the next 13+ years!

Good luck with your surgery. You have all my best wishes.

Outwit. Outplay. Outlast.

Kimby
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    kimby said:

Wow
    What a wonderful story! Here's to the next 13+ years!

Good luck with your surgery. You have all my best wishes.

Outwit. Outplay. Outlast.

Kimby

Glad to hear
    I am also going to have my liver surgery there after they shrink my tumors....That is good to hear that more people have good success there...I liked it there when I went for testing and my second opinion..Everybody was nice and they all seemed to be right on the ball with everything.......Good luck JULIE
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Hi Peggy,best luck to you
    Hi Peggy,best luck to you with your surgery.Wish you all the best.Take care.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    PhillieG said:

That is GREAT
    I've seen his name over at Sloan too. I've a stage IV patient, I was de-livered by a different surgeon but they have a great staff over at Sloan.
    Best wishes to you Peggy. Add your story to the success page!
    -phil

PS: the food over at Sloan is quite good, they have salmon, chicken marsala, stir fry dishes...lots of stuff. Just bring salt, some of the food is a little bland and needs a pinch of salt.

sea salt
    right phil!!!

couldn't resist.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    That's a cool story
    What a shot in the arm for you!!!

GO GIRL!!!! I expect to help you celebrate your 10 year anniversary in 2010.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    scouty said:

That's a cool story
    What a shot in the arm for you!!!

GO GIRL!!!! I expect to help you celebrate your 10 year anniversary in 2010.

That's
    A wonderful story! Lots of hope out there, Peggy, you will be in my thoughts during your resection, hope it all goes well, with a speedy recovery, you're in good hands there!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna