20 years

pambakercity
pambakercity Member Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Good morning, I have been reading about you ladies for 3 years now. I don't do the computer well and just enjoy knowing I am not alone. I am 43 been on and off chemo for 3years now, currently off till June any way. I just felt the need to tell you that my mom will have her 20th anniversary tomorrow. Stage 4.......doc said 10 % chance with chemo and 5 % without......and she is still going strong. Fact is she had a major heart attack 4 years ago. (I am going to grow up and be just like her!)
I have had 3 comebacks and my mom had none, needless to say the shock of each recurrence sets me back to the first time. I believe me having cancer is worse on my mom--control thing--I tell her whats the difference mom? That was me this is you. And being a mom I must say I see her point. We don't talk about my cancer cause all she can do is cry. Well that's all I could do when she was going through it too, so.... What can I say?
Any way, Just wanted to tell you my mom is a Hero to me and HOPE for you. Thanks for letting me share. Pam

Comments

• nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    stories
    Thanks Pam for sharing your stories. I will be 43 this year. I was diagnosed Sept. 08, stage 4. I am on my second chemo for my first reoccurence after an 8 month remission. What chemo drugs have you been on and at what stage were you diagnosed? Your Mom's story is inspiring. Funny how the same treatments effects us differently. Do you and your mom have the same cell type of cancer and/or same surgeon? I have papillary serous. I wonder if the celltype makes a difference. I do know that BRCA positive have better outcomes then those of us who arent' positive.
  • pambakercity
    pambakercity Member Posts: 15
    nancy591 said:

stories
    Thanks Pam for sharing your stories. I will be 43 this year. I was diagnosed Sept. 08, stage 4. I am on my second chemo for my first reoccurence after an 8 month remission. What chemo drugs have you been on and at what stage were you diagnosed? Your Mom's story is inspiring. Funny how the same treatments effects us differently. Do you and your mom have the same cell type of cancer and/or same surgeon? I have papillary serous. I wonder if the celltype makes a difference. I do know that BRCA positive have better outcomes then those of us who arent' positive.

Hi Nancy, I had a cyst burst
    Hi Nancy, I had a cyst burst Dec. 06 had the surgery debulk then carb/taxol for 6 months, numbers went 25oo to 14 off for 9months. carbo/gemzar 2 treatments and reacted then gemzar alone, numbers to 14. Off for 6 months 1200 ca125 just finished Jan. this year down to 14 so will go back in June. My last 6 months were cisplat/ taxol mild reaction last two treatments. Staged at 2 , mom and I are same celltype, I am BRCA positive. My daughter will be tested this year, as she turns 21, to see if I pasted it to her.
    My mom had cisplat and taxol treatment for a year, but let me tell you, they have come along way in nausea meds..my mom was hospitalized every treatment back then. I find I am more emotional right now than I was when I was on chemo. I know I just need to live for each day but I always find my self scared of June--if that makes any sense.