****, Kathleen and family, Greg, Pokismom ..... Tsunami!!

Options
dianetavegia
dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Please pray for safety for our dear friends who live in Hawaii!

Diane

Comments

• lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    OMG yes
    are they in an area that is being ask to leave the area
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    In Addition....
    Let's also include POKISMOM aka Donna and her family as well, she also lives on the Hawaiian islands.

Everyone on alert there, but sirens to sound with a 3-Hour advanced warning so evacuations could begin - let's hope that all of our family members there and those we do not know will be ok.

-Craig
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    Options
    I'm just watching the news.
    I'm just watching the news. Lot's of excitement there, but not much actually happening. CNN shows as much as I know. I live 100 yards from shore, but am not in an official tsunami evacuation zone.

--Greg
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    PGLGreg said:

I'm just watching the news.
    I'm just watching the news. Lot's of excitement there, but not much actually happening. CNN shows as much as I know. I live 100 yards from shore, but am not in an official tsunami evacuation zone.

--Greg

PGLgreg
    have you been told to leave or are u packing just in case
  • PamPam2
    PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    alert cancelled
    Just saw where they canceled the alert for Hawaii, so glad for the people there.
    Pam
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    Options
    lcarper2 said:

PGLgreg
    have you been told to leave or are u packing just in case

No, since I moved to Hawaii
    No, since I moved to Hawaii almost 40 years ago, this is the third tsunami scare, and they've all fizzled. Thank you for your concern, folks.

--Greg
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    You are wonderful
    Hello Dear Friends,
    Today was quite a day. We were awaken by a phone call at 5am from family on the East Coast. We headed to the store at 5:30am and the water was gone. Finally found some. Gassed up the truck, moved the boat to high ground, packed up the kids, dogs, paperwork, passports, food, computers, etc... and headed to my classroom which is on high ground. We spent the day in my classroom.
    We are so grateful that the tsunami was not an issue. It's funny though, when we drove away from our house, which is 100 yards from the beach, I knew I had everything that really matters, our family.
    Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

You are wonderful
    Hello Dear Friends,
    Today was quite a day. We were awaken by a phone call at 5am from family on the East Coast. We headed to the store at 5:30am and the water was gone. Finally found some. Gassed up the truck, moved the boat to high ground, packed up the kids, dogs, paperwork, passports, food, computers, etc... and headed to my classroom which is on high ground. We spent the day in my classroom.
    We are so grateful that the tsunami was not an issue. It's funny though, when we drove away from our house, which is 100 yards from the beach, I knew I had everything that really matters, our family.
    Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Whew!
    I'm glad you're okay!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • GOOFYLADIE
    GOOFYLADIE Member Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Isn't it odd
    Today since I live on the coast in California we got the warning too. So I packed a bag and a box of all the important paperwork and made sure everyone knew to meet at home if we were told to leave. Weird how thats all I need to be safe. My family and documents!Show exactly how much crap I can get rid of. I don't have a lot, but I am sure someone can use what I am not.
    Make it a great day!!
    Goofylady (Cass)
    PS It will 20 years that I have been married on the 10 of March. I laugh all the time they said it was all going to end 12 years ago.LOL!!
    12 years NED
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Isn't it odd
    Today since I live on the coast in California we got the warning too. So I packed a bag and a box of all the important paperwork and made sure everyone knew to meet at home if we were told to leave. Weird how thats all I need to be safe. My family and documents!Show exactly how much crap I can get rid of. I don't have a lot, but I am sure someone can use what I am not.
    Make it a great day!!
    Goofylady (Cass)
    PS It will 20 years that I have been married on the 10 of March. I laugh all the time they said it was all going to end 12 years ago.LOL!!
    12 years NED

wedding anniversary
    My wedding anniversary is on march 10th also. Will be 20 years for us. We are celebrating with a trip to Hawaii. I just celebrated on feb 19th, 3 years cancer free.
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Isn't it odd
    Make it a great day!!
    Goofylady (Cass)
    12 years NED

wedding anniversary
    My wedding anniversary is on march 10th also. Will be 20 years for us. We are celebrating with a trip to Hawaii. I just celebrated on feb 19th, 3 years cancer free.